Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aprilia SXV 550

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by locusm, May 5, 2012.

1. Im looking at a 2006 Aprilia SXV 550 for a first bike, just wondering if there are any (ex)owners on NetRider and what they thought of it.
    Was originally looking at a ER6NL or Duc 659 but both a bit pricey for a first ride (havent ridden in 20 years).

2. First bike ever? Or are you an experienced dirt rider who has heaps of time for maintainence and rides real short trips?

If you have no/limited experience get a DRZ400SM
  3. I had one. it was more wheelie happy than my R1. Insane bike. I let a friend ride it that was into dirt bikes he came back and said that thing just has too much acceleration and was shaking his head.

its not a good first bike or only bike. You are aware that it has 1500km oil changes (more riding on track) and pistons at 12000km

Oh and I so want another. I shouldn't have file it.
  4. Italian race bike with lights, do you think you can handle the performance AND the maintenance schedule?
  5. ^all perfectly good reasons to buy one. Life's too short to be sensible.