Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aprilia Shiver Sports 750

Discussion in 'Naked' started by Jem, Sep 16, 2013.

1. #1 Jem, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Well seeing I asked for this subsection thought I better put a thread up.

I see this thread as a place for people to talk about their Shivers, what mods they have done and ask for advice on issues they may be having as well as just show them off....

So for those of you who are not as yet Shiver owners the Australian website is here -

So the story of my Shiver, I was looking for a mid sized naked bike to be my first upgrade bike after getting of my restrictions - I had a Kawasaki ER-6nl while on my restrictions; it was a great first bike for me.

The choice came down to the Shiver or a MV Agusta Brutale 675. Both Italian both beautiful, the decision was made by the type of ridding I do which is mainly committing - the Shivers toque comes in earlier so she was the winner.

So after annoying the hell out of BitSar, the guys at A1 in Ringwood and a few others I was set to place my order. Then of course what options did I want, should I get them fitted etc. In the end this is what I settled on -
    1. Aprilia Shiver Sports 750 ABS in White ( That's the colour that the small boy said I could have )
    2. AKRAPOVIC SLIP-ON EXHAUST KIT fitted with the supplied tail tidy, Heat shield etc

See here http://www.aprilia.com.au/acc_897816.html
    3. FatDuc O2 Manipulator
    4. Oxford Heated Grips - Professional in Sport pattern. See here for the ones I mean - http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/?Currency=AUD&Locale=en_AU&ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Oxford-Heated-Grips-Premium-Sports&ViewAction=ViewProductViaPortal&gclid=CPjD9JH2rbcCFQpgpQodtiwAAQ
    5. Set of Acerbis Dual Road Handguards with the Optional LED Light kit as well wired in to be on with the head lights see here for details - http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Acerbis_Dual_Road_Handguards_p/73-7247tr.htm the LED option is on the same page below.
    6. Lightech Front Brake, Clutch, Rear Brake covers, Oil filler cap and Swingarm spools all in Red - see here http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=1314
    7. Pazzo Levers - Long length, lever colour black, selector adjuster colour black

I arranged to have everything fitted before I picked up the bike rather than muck around afterwards. It is all on the bike except for the Acerbis guards which are on back order.

I picked the bike up on 17th July and have loved every minute of owning her so far.

Here are a couple of pics

Side 1.

Related threads -

• Like Like x 2
  2. Great thread Jem.

I'll be interested to see how the Handgaurds looks look in'situ.

All going to plan my buddy will have a Shiver before the year is out......and we've definitely spotted a few more around Melbourne CBD.
  3. #3 Jem, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah I am wondering about the hand guards to..... with it now being warmer I hate to say it but I have sort of lost interest in them.....

So from our other thread I reckon including us there are at least 6-7 floating around Melb. We just need to work out who they are.

Vic at A1 in Ringwood is thinking about organising an Aprilia ride some time before the end of the year. They have 3 in stock currently, New Black and Red, Used Black and Red and Used White

4. Cool - a demo ride or an organised group ride?
  5. #5 Jem, Sep 18, 2013

A group ride, sorry should have made that clear.

According to the small boy we are going to (in his words) see his dirt bike ( 50cc Honda ) this weekend so I will ask Vic if he has got any further with the planning.

Some more shots -

Brake and Clutch covers

Rear Brake Cover

Those pipes
  6. #6 BitSar, Sep 18, 2013

That'd be great - If it is an Aprilia shop ride I'm in for sure......

I'll bet there are a couple of other guys who might be interested.

@Kit, @MMMTS, @trd2000, @stu_h

Pipes look great - I've never run mine with the baffles in.....I'll have to have a sound check with your bike at some point :D
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bloody hell it must be loud with the baffles removed, is it easy to get them in and out? Did you take them out or were they removed when fitted?

Difference in performance?
  8. Couldn't tell you mate - I've never fitted them.

I've heard that after a de-cat the baffles aid by adding sufficient back pressure to the system - I have cat in place so I might as well deploy the cager cannons :D
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OK, I'm jealous
    • Like Like x 1
  10. #10 Jem, Sep 18, 2013
    Might have a go at taking them out on the weekend looks like a one bolt and then pull out job. Will let you know how it goes

Sorry mate there is only one possible fix

Get one !!!!!!!

Cheers Jeremy
  11. #11 Plantboy, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
    Suggest you leave the baffles in. Dyno testing some years ago on the AF1 Racing forum showed no HP gain with them out - only increased noise. Note I have LV GPs and decat and its quite loud enough already - ear plugs are a good thing too.:)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. #12 BitSar, Sep 19, 2013
    Some of these are reposts from other threads.........however in the name of consolidation........I believe they need to be reissued.

Take a look through my blog if you're interested - many Ape adventures in there

I was just about to ping you about this thread.......

Agree with the above......the de-baffling is simply to be more braaaaarrpy.....especially for the commute.

With the cat in place the Akra's aren't excessively loud - they do bark, but not obnoxiously so. And with cat in place there are no back pressure issues (that I can tell)

Although - on longer rides ear plugs are a must have.
  13. Any of you guys ride up high street this morning?

Good looking bike the Shiver.

14. Not me victrip

15. I was on High Street from Bell Street down to Hoddle this morning if that is the High Street you mean.....
  16. oh BOOOO.... i took mine to Sydney last weekend. I'm now bikeless in Melbourne.
  17. Bugger.

18. There are two 2nd hand Shivers at the Ringwood Store - I am sure one could go for a test ride...... Will have a chat to Vic about it when I am in there with the small boy tomorrow
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Yep. That'd be it. High street Northcote (ish).
  20. Well then if it was a white Shiver then I would say it was me.

Where were you??