Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aprilia mechanics in Melb (SE)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Tenoq, May 28, 2007.

1. Anyone got a good Ape mechanic to recommend to me? I've given Moto One a call, who are probably the closest to me, but they're booked until 13th June! For a commuter, that's a little too long, methinks.

Seems Aprilia workshops aren't too numerous, but I do need one that knows what they're doing. I think I know what's wrong, but it's well beyond my skill/tools to fix! Help!?

2. Hey Chuckie,
    I've certainly got a mechanic in Adelaide I can recommend you not to go to ;)

BTW, you should've caught up with AF2AF3 when you were here. He's a great bloke. We go for coffee every wednesday night.

Take care!
  3. Have you tried the guys at A1 in Brighton, they seem OK. They had a look at my Hyo, I know I know different class but seemed nice enough. :?
  4. No, not yet. Their sales staff left me a bit unimpressed when I was shopping around: tried to take me for a ride. Might give them a call and see what their diagnosis is though.
  5. Ian from MotoOne has moved to A1 Ringwood. Although Ian was in sales, he brings some credibility with him which carries over to the service area. They seem to have less of a bottleneck than MotoOne. They haven't been able to manage their lead times down and I don't like being told I have to wait a month for a routine service.

I know the spare parts guy (Clint) is great in Ringwood and for that reason alone I would give their service dept a shot.
  6. Thanks cejay. Sounds promising. :)
  7. Sorry to hear about the farking Commodore driver!

Get well soon!
  8. Thanks mate. Going to have to get used to one-handed typing for the next 6-8 weeks, assuming there's no complications. Can't believe the SOB didn't stop though. Very unAustralian. :p :LOL:
  9. Tenoq,
    Sorry to hear of your dramas...
    Checkout http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/index.php
    for advice & online parts which arrive in OZ two weeks after ordering! :cool: :grin: