Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Apr 6, 2015] Track day Easter Monday 6th April 2015 (Eastern Creek)

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by Senator17, Mar 17, 2015.

Track day Easter Monday 6th April 2015
Start Date: Apr 6, 2015 07:00
End Date: Apr 6, 2015 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

8 Ferrers Rd
Eastern Creek 2766

Posted By: Senator17

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. I've just booked in for my next Ride day at Eastern Creek. Would anyone like to join me? To book a garage I need 5 more riders.

2.  Top
  3. Yep I am already booked in to

4. So there are three of us at this stage. Just need three more to book a garage. I replied on another thread for this track day, thinking it was the thread I had started, ooops =D

5. Wish I could join, but booked in for a quick family holiday @ Bateman's bay..

6. You'll love it down there. And I'm sure you will find places you'd like to take the bike as well. I've been trying to organise a ride with a few mates that includes an overnight stay at Batemans as it looks like there are some great roads down there.

7. Yip, agree. We spent last Easter at Bateman's as well (Big 4 Beach Resort).

Later in the year when the house is complete and I have my 'upgrade bike' was planning to start the touring career with the wife by staying over there as well. Not too far and we can start the easy way by 'glamping' in the small cabins.

Anyway - might squeeze in a track day around the 6th June as a birthday treat (think there's one on the 8th). Otherwise they started excavation on our block so guess where all the spare cash is going!

8. Good luck, wait till you get off the ground & into the deciding on the finishes, layouts, colours, furniture, etc,etc

9. POPEYEPOPEYE - took us three months to 'iron out' the choices and all the variations! Only thing left is to finalise the oncost for the thousands of plug points the females in my household all insist on.

Moved to Aus only 18 months ago and 'invested' heavily in Ikea (they greet me by name now) so the wife is sorted for furniture (for now at least......)

10. haha atleast your organized, I gave my wallet to Bunnings!

11. Senator17Senator17 I hope that you have dialled in no rain :)
    Absolutely beautiful rides down south....
    The runs down to Batemans and onto Moruya are slowly being ironed out by the road authorities...you'll want to get in soonish before it is a dead eye dick all the way to Melbourne....yawn :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. well this turned out to be a great day despite the threat of rain, it was pretty awesome they let you film now, I can finally have some sort of idea of how slow I really am

Sessions 1-3 was doing 2:00 min lap times consistently with out pushing hard at all, getting knee down on lefties only, only two decent right handers on the GP track! Need to go to Wakefield to sort out my right handers rained out my fourth session, went out in the wet in the 5th sesion 2:46 lap times, very tentative everywhere on worn road tires, but actually quite enjoyed it, went a decent pace in the sixth session, kept hitting a wet patch in the middle of turn one & getting abit of tyre spin every time.

Completely screwed up my camera position & had the camera in still's mode for all the sessions except one dry & one wet session!!!

met some cool strangers as usual & lots of familiar faces, I am really starting to like the track more & more, especially after learning that going hard is not required & there is no need to impress everyone, its becoming more of a private home away from home to escape to rather than a social gathering

here's at least one decent lap I got on cam, unfortunately you can't see much either way it a successful day as the bike & myself got home in piece & it didn't rain out completely, thanks Eastern Creek!!!:

• Like Like x 2
  13.  Top
  14. They're great photos and a great video icemakericemaker, here are a few photos from the same day. If you look very closely, you will see that I'm starting to learn how to "hang off" the bike, but I have still got a lot to lean and a long way to go. TMP_5301. TMP_6409. TMP_6538. TMP_7229. TMP_8253.

We had a fantastic day. Although we did start to get some rain in the 4th session, came in about two laps before the session ended. Then sat out the 5th session as the track was too wet to really enjoy and also I wouldn't have been able to work on my planned practice. The final (6th) session was mostly dry with only a few wet patches across the track and by then most people had gone home so there were very few people on the track.

• Like Like x 3