Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Apr 6, 2014] A Sunday Ride 6th April (Moorebank)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Senator17, Apr 1, 2014.

A Sunday Ride 6th April
Start Date: Apr 6, 2014 08:00
End Date: Apr 6, 2014 13:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

BP Servo/Trooper Lu's Garage
80 Heathcote Road
Moorebank 2170

Posted By: Senetor17

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. I'm trying to get a ride together just for the fun of the ride. It's on Sunday 6th April and I have a couple of mates joining me so far. If anyone is ineterested and has some ideas we welcome the suggestions. We all live near Liverpool in Sydney's south west so we will plan to meet up near there somewhere. Where we go from there has not been decided yet. But I'm looking forward to a nice Steak for lunch. All welcome and if you are a Noobie, all the better to meet some people that don't put pressure on you, just have fun riding.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Plenty of good runs from Liverpool. Kangaroo Valley, Jamberoo , Maquarie Pass, Royal National Park, Old Hume Highway to Picton, West to the Blue Mountains.......sure to find a good ride.
  3. I'd be keen.

The BP (looks like you have marked it on your map) outside Trooper Lu's is a good place to start from.

I'm more inclined to come if it is an early start (especially on a sunday).
  4. We've been talking about an 8:00 am start, so not sure if that's early enough for you and we may not start from the BP as we were talking about going up the Old Pacific Hwy, then on to Calga, round through windsor, befor heading home. I'll post more details as they we work out what we are going to do.
  5. 8am is good.

Can I suggest that we double back to Calga from the slab then up to wise mans ferry road? Calga to the slab is my favourite bit.

... and how about Wisemans Ferry Inn for a couple beers and lunch the food is pretty good and if it is hot it's air-conditioned.
  6. I hear the Slab has a case of moss this week so take it easy if you go that way
  7. Moss smosh
  8. Where is "The Slab"?
  9. Google maps...
    The Slab Calga NSW
  10. Wow, I didn't know that Googlemaps was so Colloquial, I typed in "The Slab" and found it. I agree, that is one of my favorite bits of road. We will most likely be going that way. By the way iClint, is your VFR red and do you live near liverpool?
  11. #11 iClint, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    Yes and Yes

Oldroad 4.
  12. So do you remeber meeting three blokes all on Z1000 out at the Nattai Lookout one morning? Something tells me that we've met before and you took this photo for us. P1010754.JPG

Anyway if you are interested, we're meeting at the McDonalds Corner Smithfield Rd and Elizabeth Drive on Sunday Morning at 8:00 am, then fisrt stop will probably be The Old Road Cafe. And yes The Slab is part of our intended route.
  13. ^^^^ Did ya'll meet in a queue at the barber's shop? :p
  14. No we're just bald
  15. With a very similar taste in orange bikes...
  16. Dig the Zed's lads, maybe one day I join in on the fun.
  17. Anythings possible, but I don't recall taking any photo's for anyone???

Is it on rain, hail or shine?

I'm not bald but I rock a crew cut, so i should fit in.
  18. Yep it's on, we're meeting at 8:00 am McDonalds Crn Elizabeth Drive and Smithfield Rd.
  19. Thanks for the ride today, had great time.

Hope to get an invite to the next...
  20. Thanks Clint, I'm glad you had a good time, we all did. Except for the rain. I hate riding in the rain. Now my bike is so dirty, it looks like i've been tail riding with it. Anyway the day started out pretty good, and the first section up to The Old Road Cafe was a blast. I'ts just a shame the weather progressively turned nasty throughout the day. I haven't heard back from the others yet, but I know Damo was freezing. I 've ridden with him in winter as well, and he never dresses warmly enough. The othe rs are busy over the next few weeks, but I'll let you know about the rides as we get organised. Wisemens 1.JPG
    Nice Lunch
    Wisemens 2.JPG
    Lowsey weather coming in.
    Wisemens 3.JPG
    More crappy weather.

This is where I got my wet weather gear out and put it on. So I was OK, but I felt guilty and sorry for the other guys as they didn't bring wet weather gear and were looking like drowned rats by the end of the ride.