Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Apr 6, 2013] Ant's Rescheduled Saturday Eildon-Jamieson Extra-Avaganza (Rowville Vic)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by AngryAnt, Mar 30, 2013.

Ant's Rescheduled Saturday Eildon-Jamieson Extra-Avaganza
Start Date: Apr 6, 2013 09:00
End Date: Apr 6, 2013 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +11:00 AEDT

7/11 Servo
Cnr of Stud and Wellington Roads
Rowville Vic 3178

Posted By: AngryAnt

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. #1 AngryAnt, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    OK - rescheduled and with a new, improved start point to accommodate Mr Toad.

Meet point will be 7-11 servo, Cnr of Stud and Wellington Roads Rowville, 9am Satdee morning, departure at 9:30am sharp. Have your bike fuelled up and ready to go by then and don't miss the riveting ride briefing either.

Right kids, I'm leading a ride from Diamond Creek through to Jamieson this Easter Monday. Route will be starting at Safeway Servo Diamond Creek, then Kinglake, Healesville, Black Spur, Buxton, Alexandra etc etc through to Eildon and Jamieson.

By various hidden and circuitous routes we will make our way through the hills eventually towards Buxton and Alexandra and on through towards Eildon - turning at some point through to Jamieson to do the epic sealed back road, about 60 km of tight and technical twisties. Depending on progress we may have lunch in Buxton or at some other place.

Here's the kicker though - I will be coming back from Jamieson through the Woods Point Road which is about 60km of dirt of a reasonably challenging standard in places - you'll need a somewhat dirt capable bike for this leg. The dirt section finishes up top of Reefton/Cambarvale, and then we will likely run down to Marysville and back towards Melbourne via Healesville.

An option for riders is to leave me at Jamieson and come back on sealed roads the same way or via Mansfield or some other way.

Meeting will be at the Safeway Service Station on Greensborough Hwy, Diamond Creek at 9.00am for a 9:30am departure, Monday 1st April. Getting back to Melbs late afternoon.

Weather looks fine, 22 degrees in Melbourne, cooler in hills.
  2. how the fcuk did you get your name changed? i want mine changed to uncle greg
  3. If I can get up I'll be there. Reckon I can do the dirt bit? I might be slow and swearing a lot but worth a shot, yeah?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds interesting. Was considering having a fang around Lake eppalock the this weekend but your ride sounds good. You can doo it Muzz! I think, haha.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. All welcome blackadder, if you feel brave go for it!
  6. Give Mouth a hug and he might change it for you Uncle.
  7. doesn't look like there are too many takers... is it still on?

8. Small group is a good group...

But I'll confirm tonight.. doing a big ride today in Toolangi State Forest today so depends how i pull up... check back about 9pm.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. given I have very little off road experience and a big bike, do you think I will be a millstone for the rest of you guys?

10. Agreed, I'm not blowing smoke up my arse but 2nd place is so bitter sweet. Corner marking is a pita. ;) I'm in for tomorrow if it's happening.

It's ok, it's not a race, I still have to hone my gravelness with the Strom, I don't even bother letting down the tyres :eek:. Just take it easy ;)
  11. Sorry guys, it's off - caught a puncture coming back from Toolangi.

Lucky I was carrying my mini compressor just bought last week so was able to get enough pressure in to get home. I'll try and get the tyre fixed this week and reschedule this ride, possibly this coming Saturday.
  12. The Explorer is a big heavy bike but it's made for dirt as well as tarmac.... so the bike shouldn't be a problem on a ride like this. On the other hand, you might want to some shorter dirt sections before biting off a 60km section like Woods Point, it's challenging in places, particular going up the mountain where it's fairly tight and technical and there is a lot of fine clay powder. And you get pretty tired by the end of it. But, at least in a group you have people to help you pick the bug bugger up if you drop it!

But to reiterate, I won't be leading the ride tomorrow, hope to have a new tyre on during the week.
  13. Oh man! Devo'd!
  14. I'm confused now, which part is the April's Fool? The ride or the no ride :) LOL
  15. No joke.
    I was the one that spotted the flat tyre on his bike yesterday.
  16. When I drop it..... nah, that's why i'll be slow.
  17. Hey no shame in dropping a bike on dirt occasionally... of course, the plan is to stay upright as much as possible ;)
  18. #18 positron, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    If you don' t drop the bike in the dirt/mud occasionally you're not having fun.

EDIT: If you don't already have them get some hand guards to protect breaking your leavers
  19. Hey Anto
    I am doing the GOR weekend-ride next weekend. If you run this ride next weekend, make sure you do it again, cause I'm keen for this one.
  20. No worries bro, it's probably weather dependent in any case..