Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Apr 27, 2014] All Day Ride - Buxton Burgers & EJ (Rowville)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by jezsmith, Apr 26, 2014.

All Day Ride - Buxton Burgers & EJ
Start Date: Apr 27, 2014 10:00
End Date: Apr 27, 2014 18:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Stud Road, Rowville

Posted By: jezsmith

Confirmed Attendees: 0
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Hi all.

I will be leading an intermediate ride tomorrow from the Stud Road 7 Eleven in Rowville to Healesville via a scenic route (Eildon-Jamieson Road). We'll be meeting at 9.30am to leave at 10.00am.

Due to the estimated 360kms and a full day of riding, I would suggest that this is not a ride for new or inexperience riders. The Reefton Spur and the Eildon-Jamieson Road in particular can be quite long and technical. Please ensure that you are a level 3 rider at a bare minimum.
    Saying this, this ride will following learner friendly rules (i.e. speed limit, no risky overtaking etc) and there will be two clear opportunities for riders to leave the ride (Launching Place & Buxton) prior to us heading to EJ should anyone wish to come for a shorter ride.

Weather should be great. Be there or be square.

2. Spewing!!

Can't make it.

Enjoy the day.
  3. Next time for sure :D
  4. you promised a parma today and didnt deliver, there had better be a damn burger on this ride
    now that i can ride a bike it will be good to see what all the fuss is about the reefton spur. maybe spot a few camo nets while im up there as well
  5. I blame the guy at the tavern. That guy was a jerk.

If there's no burgers, I'm cancelling the ride and going to maccas.
  6. #6 AD-HUI, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    I'll be there only if we can get some chips for lunch. Hopefully Buxton fryers will be on by the time we reach. Can't wait 45 mins. -_-
  7. Just finished my presentation ( I think).

I'll be there if I'm awake, might not last all day though.
  8. we will be there
  9. #9 dima, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    So want to join you but won't make :(
    Enjoy the ride!
    I'd suggest not to rely on Buxton burgers for lunch as it may take an hour it two depending on the group.

I'm heading towards Eldon. Hoping I'll see you somewhere.
  10. hope all is well with every one
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I was having a coffee in Gembrook this morning as your group came through, as I resumed my ride a few minutes later and headed the same way to Launching Place, I saw quite a few bikes entertaining the plod a km or so out of town. I hope all worked out OK.
  12. Sounds like a well executed plan Dazz. Have coffee whilst scout go ahead. Scouts bring out Plod and you get a free ride. >:O
  13. Not intentional, but certainly fortuitous.
    I saw 4 roadsides and seven HWP cars, add to that the hidden ones I didn't see. . . they were certainly out and about yesterday.
  14. I was on the Puckapunyal ride, and I don't think I saw one, except for the ones going in and out of the Seymour cop fortress.
  15. Thanks for joining us Terry. It was a great day for a long ride. Hopefully there's a few more sunny days upcoming.