Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Apr 25, 2014] Novice ride (Rowville)

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by Chillidog, Apr 22, 2014.

Novice ride
Start Date: Apr 25, 2014 09:00
End Date: Apr 25, 2014 11:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Corner stud and Wellington roads
Rowville

Posted By: Chillidog

Confirmed Attendees: 8
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 8
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. #1 Chillidog, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    In the spirit if the ANZAC and helping mates out, I thought I'd post up a Novice ride for this Friday - ANZAC day. It is also looking like great weather.

With a few new riders joining the learner rides I thought it might be worth giving folks the opportunity to do a slow group ride first to get an understanding of corner marking, TEC, staggered riding, the concept of ride your own ride etc.

The ride will be at or below marked speed limits to ensure the group is kept together.

9am meet for a 9:30am departure. Ensure you have a full tank of fuel at the start.

If this is your first group ride/netrider ride turn up early and make yourself known.

This will be a relatively short and relaxed ride aimed at allowing novice and new riders to gain more confidence and enjoy the experience of group riding.

The ride should allow you to be home around lunchtime or early afternoon.

Experienced riders looking to have a cruisy ride on a Friday or to help out newer riders more than welcome.

If nobody turns up, I don't mind, I'll go for a ride anyway.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sounds great, I'll be there.

3. Nice of you to post up a ride @Chillidog@Chillidog. I will be there :) If nobody volunteers on the day, ill be happy to TEC

4. It would also be a good opportunity for people who haven't been TEC before to have a go.

Great stuff Chilli. Not sure yet if I'll be there, but will keep it on my radar.

5. Cruisy ride sounds good to me..and happy to help out any new riders.

6. Great idea!

7. Hi Chillidog the ride on Friday sounds great and the idea behind this. I have been on only a few netrider group rides but would be happy to give TEC ago for this one if you like. See you on Friday.

8. Great idea @Chillidog@Chillidog . Would love to come but can't make this one :(

9. Hey Chillidog,
    I'm going to head in to the shrine for the dawn service but I'd like to get in a ride afterwards.

If I'm not too tired count me in.

10. Hmmm. Interesting. I'll have to see if I can get a leave pass from the Mrs.

11. Well, there are a few more people interested in coming along than I thought! Pressure is on to not get lost and find some reasonably interesting scenery.

Great to see so many experienced riders coming along as well, just a reminder this will be a novice ride so pace will be slow, overtaking discouraged and wont be on any overly exciting roads - just managing your expectations here!

As promised, the ride is intended to allow you to be home around lunch time or early afternoon, the plan is to finish back at the start point around 12:30-1PM, depending on stops.

This will allow people plenty of options for the afternoon, go home and spend time with the better half so you can do more rides over the weekend, mow the lawns so you can do more rides over the weekend or go for another ride... whatever floats your boat.

Thanks for the offers of TEC, @malmac@malmac it would be great if you could help out!

12. Sounds good, I'll try and make it.
    What region(s) is the ride going through?

13. I am in sounds like a great plan, never been on a group ride before so a nice way to find out what it is like. Thanks for thinking of it and look at the forecast -

Friday 25 April
    Summary
    sunny.
    Min 7
    Max 21
    Sunny.
    Melbourne area
    Sunny. Light winds becoming northerly 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

Cheers Jeremy

14. This sounds good, will be my first group ride. I'm off my L's but still very green (3 months). Most likely I'll be there.

15. Sere you there !!

16. good stuff chilli sory i cant make it though

17. Given we will only be out for a few hours the ride will largely be in the Emerald and Warri Yallock area... unless I get lost, then we could end up anywhere and struggle to be back by next Wednesday.

• Like Like x 2
  18. #18 malmac, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Thanks for the offers of TEC, @malmac@malmac it would be great if you could help out![/QUOTE
    Chilli dog happy to help out and be TEC for the day, its the least I could do. I look forward to catching up Friday morning. Regards Mal

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good on you Chilli, I will come along. Now just round up some more Novices :) I added a link in the Sat morning practice thread.

20. Hope you can make it Alistair, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. You are the exact rider this ride is for.