Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Approached by a nice girl in the pub the other day....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Fuzz, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Hello to all, I was approached by a nice girl down at the Irish Pub at knox a couple of weeks ago, she had seen me sitting down having a pot of Guniess with a friend, my gear pearched on the seat beside me. She asked me if I could give her a ride on the back of my bike some time. I explained that I was still on restrictions for a year and was unable to take passangers, however it did get me thinking, has anyone else been aproached like this? What is the general feeling by people here, taking complete strangers for a ride lol.

2. I think it was a thinly veiled attempt to get in your pants/jump your bones and you may have wasted an opportunity sir.

3. I disagree. If it sounds too good to be true, it almost certainly is. She was an undercover (ooooo) officer from VicRoads trying to trap you into doing something naughty. You resisted the temptation wonderfully. Take a sticker and you can have an early mark for the rest of the week :LOL:

4. The perfect reason to break your restrictions and you let it go... <slaps forehead> ;)

Justin.

5. Let me get this right, you turned her down?

Oh you sure your not gay?????????

6. You should be in South Australia.

Being a fully licensed car driver, my only restriction (only for another couple of months - yay) is that I cannot ride a bike over 250cc's.

I don't have to wear a 'P', I can do 110km/h (not just 100) and I can even have a couple of drinks (up to .05). Oh, and I can have a pillion (but never have).

However, if I was on me P's for my car, I would have all of the above restrictions.

You probably didn't want to hear all that, but meh.

7. He was going to be breaking his restrictions anyway, by riding with >0.00 blood alcohol content. [-X

:wink:

8. girls ask for rides all the time... they seem to enjoy it a bit too much

9. Damnit Clive, I missed that.

I call shenanigans on this story.

Justin.

10. At coffee the other week Voyager was talked into taking some teenage hotties for a quick zip around the block.

Falcon-lord and myself got to discussing this exact situation with the restrictions / chicks, came to the conclusion that you tell her she has to hang around for twelve months (doing housework and such :grin: ) and then you will take for a ride .

11. Is housework really your first consideration when sussing out a new chick??? Me thinks your priorities are waaaaay out! :-k :-w

12. Fuzz - when she asked if you could "give her a ride", she wasn't referring to your bike .......

13. Can you describe her, I may have to go and, erm, check out this place :wink:

14. I think she had a bf with her lol. I was at the pub for a pot , prior to a movie so when it was time to jump back on the bike, I would be 00 :)
    five foot something brunette, very pretty *smacks head against wall*

no i am not gay!

15. You should have said, "not for 12 months but in the meantime you can ride me!"

16. Not JUST housework, my priorities are in check :grin: :grin: :grin:

17. Now Egiste you got me a little wrong, I definatly said she would have to hang around, but I was not talking housework...
    I'm positive you could put your mind to having other things worked on till you could take the prospective for a ride...

18. Sorry mate, it must be me just trying to get out of doing the dishes this week. :grin: :grin:

19. You should have got her name & number beofre saying you couldn't take restrictions :wink:

20. agreed. grade A doofus you are :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: