Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Applying for uni

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by eve, May 22, 2009.

  1. Its been a while...
    ..... A long while :shock:

    Anyone know how to apply for a uni course?
    Do you go directly? Call them?

    Any advice?

  2. which uni?

    which course?

    Most of the unis have websites with information on entry requirements and when/how to apply for various courses.
  3. It depends on what you want to do really. Have a look at the Open Universities website, look at the sites of some local Uni's. There is usually a new student information section that will tell you how to go about it all.

    I am doing some units through Open Uni's and have had no problems with them. Like I said, it really depends on what you want to study.

    Good luck with it :)

    PM if you want more info
  4. Most unis have a student relations/advisory division.
    A friend of mine works for Sydney Uni in this capacity, I think.

    Their full-time job is to help you choose, get into, and complete a course :)

    Call the uni.
  5. Okay i'll give them a call.


    I think at this stage it will be Victoria university (close to home)
  6. There are a number of courses available for mid-year entry, so depending on what you want to do, you might be able to start in July.
  7. I went through UAC. I had been out of school for a couple of years too but wasn't entering as a mature age student.

    From what I understand, mature age students do a module that is in the vein of "returning to studying" and then is able to continue as one would normally.

    I'd imagine the older kids wouldn't take quite as much advantage of the drunken toga parties though. :LOL:
  8. In Victoria it is VTAC if you apply for a beginning of year course. If it is Mid year it is direct to the Uni. Here is the website for VTAC. http://www.vtac.edu.au/

    Good luck. I have been contemplating a distance course myself so am interested how you go. Please keep us updated. :grin:

  9. Call the faculty office where you want to do the course. They'll give you the most accurate information in order to fill in an application / get in.
  10. <post removed>
  11. It has been 5 years since i did an external application!

    Eve, if it is VU that you are interested in I can get some forms and a booklet on the courses if you like....

    If you have an idea of the course you are interested in or at least the area some uni's allow you to book an interview with the co-ordinators to get a feel for the content and stuff.

    I'll snoop around and let you know ;)
  12. Dunno about the practicalities here, but I can assure you that being a mature student is awesome fun.

    Best of luck. You won't regret it.
  13. thanks for this thread eve :wink: . Ive been thinking of moving to melbourne to go back myself..
    yeah i could go up here but whats the fun in that ?.