Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Appalling language

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TonyE, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Working as I do in infrastructure for a government department I come across a lot of bullsh1t terms and stupid cliches. I would, however like to nominate the following as "worlds best practice" (to use a favourite term of government)

It came from a Victorian University (which shall remain nameless) as part of a description of a new building they have which will be opened soon.

I've got to write a briefing and speech notes for the opening so I'll put it in the notes on the building and see if the Minister's speech writers leave it in... :twisted:

If they do I want to see if she can say it with a straight face.... :LOL:

"socially sustainable internal gathering places are provided throughout the main circulation spine".... (translation: it has meeting rooms)

2. So what you are saying is that you are having issues with calling a spade a physical earth restructuring implement.
  3. That has to be RMIT...
  4. It's the Architecture department, innit?
  5. Wrong on both counts guys.... :LOL:
  6. Even about the spade? :p
  7. I thought you were using an offensive description for a black person and not being racist myself I deigned not to reply... :p :LOL:
  8. I was just about to say the same thing!
  9. While I'm happy to acknowledge that RMIT (or, in fact any of the tertiary institutions I deal with) is quite capable of producing something like that - it's not RMIT. :LOL: