Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anzac day ride... 25/26/27 April 08

Discussion in 'QLD' at netrider.net.au started by BugEye, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Has any one planned any rides that weekend?
    onedayer? overnighter? etc.?

2. Hey BugEye :)
    I haven't seen any threads on Anzac Day rides yet :arrow: will stay tuned to this one :idea: Providing I don't kick on at the Dawn Service :LOL: might definately be up for a ride :cool:

3.  Top
  4. hmmm i'm sure i'm meant to say sumthin bout other forums.....but......

as far as i can tell, i can't find any qld anzac day rides listed here on nr...

i'd be up for a run, cept i'm heading out to the property again - gotta take water out for the boy til the tank gets connected and enough rain to fill it.....

but of course, you are all welcome to join me on the queens birthday run :)

check here: https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52097

5. Gday all havent been here for a long time due to surgery on my wrist any way going for a ride to queen marry falls with a few mates on Friday if any one is interested let me no

Lewy

6. Pitty, probly would have ridden up with you this weekend kez :(

Hey Lewy, wouldn't mind getting some more details on that ride. :grin:

7. come on repremand me... you know you can do i kezz i wont get offended..

8. Hey Lewy, wouldn't mind getting some more details on that ride. :grin:-(/quote]

Yer sorry we are going to be leaving the big shell at Jimboomba at around 9.30-10am and head out up to queen marry falls its a good ride lots of fun

Lewy

9. its a shame then that i cant ride out there this weekend.....but the virago doesn't quite seem to fit the dog and twenty odd litres of water on the back (yep, that tank i took up there last year still isn't connected :()

ah well, hopefully in mid-may i'll be ready to ride up rather than cage it. maybe a coupla people will come up with me then :)

10. geez wardie, there u go, airing the dirty laundry in public all over again :)

whatcha doin queen's birthday weekend :wink: :shock:

oh hey and lewie, hope the wrist is doin ok too :)

11. [quote="lewy]Yer sorry we are going to be leaving the big shell at Jimboomba at around 9.30-10am and head out up to queen marry falls its a good ride lots of fun Lewy[/quote]

Sounds like it. Which roads do you normally take to get there. And what time do you feel you'd be back at Jimboomba :?:

12. Sounds like it. Which roads do you normally take to get there. And what time do you feel you'd be back at Jimboomba :?:-(/quote]

ummm ok i have done the ride so menny times but stuffed if i no the name of the roads but just to give u an idea we head in to beaudesert then on to boonah then on to the falls LOL

We would normally be back at jimboomba around 12.30-1.30ish

Lewy

13. That sounds ok. If I make it I will be riding from Middle Park. Where are you and friends starting from :?:

14. That sounds ok. If I make it I will be riding from Middle Park. Where are you and friends starting from :?:-(/quote]

Well don't no how menny of them are coming yet i only have the one feller on a CBR600f2 that is defiantly coming as we always go out riding so we all meet at my place (Jimboomba) but if other people are coming i would suggest we meat at the big shell fuel station on the corner of mt Lindsey and tambourine st Jimboomba

P.S where is middle park???

Lewy

15. :shock: OMG its 14 km from Brisbane CBD :roll: Brisbane West in other words :cool:
    Anyway, will post tomorrow nite and confirm. Looks like if I make it, I will just hook up at the Shell.

***Edit***
    Lewy, I wont get there tomorrow. Have a great ride, and I'd love to know how it goes.

16. bugger, wish I had checked the site this week and not been my usual lazy self. A ride to the falls would have been great.

17. Bummer yer we had a good ride it was only the 2 of us me and my mate Zac with his cbr we might be going again on Sunday

Lewy

18. Hey Lewy I might be up for that, I'll try to check this site again before the weekend. What time do you think you'll go?

I checked the map as I'm not sure exactly where the falls are, and that trip looks really far. Do you know how long it would take to ride all that, and maybe how many kms from Brisbane CBD or something?

Thanks! :)