Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anzac day long weekend ride (23/4-25/4)

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by firefling, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Anzac day long weekend is coming up (for those who don't know when Anzac day is it's 25th April), and some of us thought it would be a good idea to try for the last long weekend trip before winter comes.

Edit
    Due to lack of accomodations, we will be merging with another prearranged ride going up to Mt Beauty.

Starting point at Foxy's place and welcomed to stay at his place on Friday for an early start at 9am on Saturday. PM me for address.

We'll most likely splitting up the group so faster group can go through Mansfield->Whitfield twisties while slower group go through the highways/sweepers and meeting up at Myrtleford to proceed together to Mt Beauty.

Definites
    Me
    Lids
    Foxy
    Kym
    Sir Skuffy
    matt232
    boz
    knightrider

2. buchan ROCKS!

when up there, you have to have a shot at the road between buchan and orbost. its a fuggenpants wetting experience, but well worth the change of clothes :D

damn, i'd be soooooo in if i had my licence back :(

3. would love to but I have a prior engagement that requires me to be up at 0430 (that is am) for a 0600 dawn service in town. Then plenty of drinking at Young and Jackson with too many other military past and present, not looking forward to the Tuesday after.

4. I seem to recall a particular football game on that weekend that I can't miss. Go the Bombers!! Hopefully this year I'll remember what happens after the first quarter.

5. Nooooooooooo, GO THE PIES!!! lol!!

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

6. I'm the same as Scumbag, commitments, I will not give up.

7. ooooohhhhhh, i totally get it now. its not that you were having trouble learning to ride, the across just doesn't like you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

boooooooooooooo eddiwood booooooooooooooooooooooooooo :LOL:

8. Will you guys stop hijacking the thread? :evil: I'm announcing a ride, if you're interested reply to it. If not, don't bother replying. [-X

9. good old buchan, it was fun whopping then in U16's 8)

10. Actually, my family lives in bairnsdale and as i so happen to be picking up my bike tonight, i would probaly ride with you guys next weekend to bairnsdale :?

11. Well it's the weekend after (23rd) the next weekend (16th) that we're going to Buchan. :)

12. Great road. Drove it at 7:30pm about 2 winters ago and had a 75% success rate at missing the wombats, missed the 1st :) missed the 2nd :) hit the 3rd :shock: and missed the 4th one :wink: Big bugger too, lucky I was only doing about 30km/h in the work wagon at the time going around a hair pin turn.

13. I may be interested - will have to check it out wtih the powers that be... hopefully she works that weekend!! :D

14. Buchan Oath I'm in, :LOL: :p :LOL: If I can twist Kym's arm far enough without breaking it, she might come too :roll:

15. If anybody wants to chicken out on camping, and just hire a cabin, please let me know. Please refer to the link I posted up on the cost and how many people the cabin can contain. :)

16. I may be heading to Mallacoota to do some camping and will ride through Buchan.

On the Sunday, we may go for a spin up to Bombala, if we can be stuffed. :)

17. *** bump ***

Anyone interested in going???

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

18. Not me, got a party at HQ on the Friday night and then footy on Sunday

19. I'm in but couldn't be stuffed lugging all the extra gear to camp so I'll take a cabin.

20. Update, just rang up the reserve, and all cabins (yes the entire 2 of them) have been booked out during the weekend, so now I'm leaning towards getting rooms in the motel or log cabins in town (about 800 metres from the reserve).