Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anywhere open to buy a helmet today??

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by cossie, Nov 1, 2005.

1. I desperately need to find somewhere open to get a helmet today (need to go test ride a bike later and dont have one yet :cry: )

And it seems that all because of a few old donkeys ambling round a field somewhere that absolutely nowhere is open :evil:

any suggestions where I could try in Melbourne?

2. Ulysses track day at the Island?

3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That is funny and i'm a Ulyssian :shock: :shock:

4. You test riding from a dealer or private sale.

When I was out buying my first bike the dealers were more than happy to lend me a helmet for the test rides.

5. Or if your test riding privately ask the seller if they have one you could borrow... If theyre lettin ya ride the bike cant see why they would mind lendin ya a helmet. Obviously you prob wont get a perfect fit, but if its just for a quick ride ya might be ok.. goodluck anyways

6. drop into someones (netrider) in the area and pick one up for a loan .

where are you testing ? which suburb

7. I managed to borrow one (far from a decent fit but it did the job) in the end.

It was a private sale and would have paid cash and taken the bike there and then if it was any good so couldnt really borrow the sellers.

I didnt buy it in the end though :( - see other post re: buying a CBR250....

8.  Top
  9. If I'm not mistaken, the day in question was a tuesday :?

maybe I should have searched for "open whilst a bunch of mangey old mules trot round a field and a bunch of pissed dickheads bet on them" :?:

10. For future reference, (I know you wanted to buy one, but at a pinch) Garners' Hire bikes used to rent motorcycle gear.

11. For future reference...

Bendigo gets Bendigo Cup day as a holiday and not Melbourne cup day.

If you are really desperate for bike parts on Melbourne cup day you'll find that the bike shops in Bendigo are open.