Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anywhere online to buy batteries?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Spud Gun, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Based on another thread https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44570 I require a new battery. Is there a website that anyone knows of where I can pick up a new one at a reasonable price? Where is the best place to buy a bike battery?

2. if your after an after market one then try battery stop.
    i bought one for my 954 and its been about a year now and no problems so far. BTW i paid $99

3. I just bought one from JJ Batteries in Melbourne. $100 for the battery and shipping to Sydney (inc GST). I'll let you know if I get it, and if its decent. Very reasonable shipping costs.

4. <snip> actually those prices are alright. WTF was I looking at..

5. They seem to me to be rrp?

6. I got my YTX14-BS from J&J batteries for $100 all in, that includes GST and delivery from Melbourne to Sydney. It arrived the next day and works perfectly. Can't ask for more than that!

7. BATTERY WORLD IS THE BEST BET - QUALITY CENTURY AND YUASA BATTERIES AND STORES NATIONWIDE.

VERY GOOD SERVICE AND QUALITY AT A GOOD PRICE

RING THE FAWKNER STORE VICTORIA - HE LOVES HIS BIKES AND WILL LOOK AFTER YOU

8. wouldn't happen to work for battery world would you?

9. NO NOT AT ALL IM IN THE DIESEL SPARE PARTS GAME

10. NO NOT AT ALL IM IN THE DIESEL SPARE PARTS GAME

11. JUST LIKE TO HELP PEOPLE AND SUGEST DECENT SUPPLIERS, SEEN TOO MANY CUSTOMERS GET RIPPED IN THE SPARE PARTS SIDE OF THINGS. GOOD AND HONEST SUPPLIERS ARE HARD TO FIND

12. Apparently caps lock isnt hard to find either...

13. I bought a battery there two weeks ago. They seemed to be reasonably priced.

But I did have a few problems. Apparently the battery they identified as specific to my bike is no longer made and although they identified equivalents that were meant to be identical they were a gnat's whisker too wide to fit into my frame. We eventually sorted it but it took a few goes.

That said they were happy to recredit and gave me the option of either walking or trying again. We tried again but it was a case of third time lucky.

I saw some batteries on ebay for around the same prices advertised as suitable for my bike and from this experience I now know they would not have fitted in my frame. And it is easier to return to a store which is down the road than to an online dealer.

Guess the moral is size does count.