Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anywhere I can have the zip on my boots fixed

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by markcpotter, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Hi All,

the zip on my alpinestar smx boots has just gone - anybody know anywhere that fixes this sort of thing?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. mate, if you're in Melbourne, take your boot to Walkalong in Camberwell.

(www.walkalong.com.au)

Top service.

3. I'd imagine any cobbler would be able to do something like that? Given you haven't bothered to fill out your location or tell us where you are its a little difficult. If you're in Melb maybe go to Kew Cobblers, Walpole St Kew. They are great guys, business has been there for 132years or something now and the owners son who also works there is an avid rider as well.

4. Hi thanks.

Yes sorry I am in Melbourne so will give them a call.

Thanks

5. Hi - I ended up buying a new pair of boots but still with the intention of getting my smx-3 goretex boots fixed as a spare for when the weather turns bad.

The cobblers that I phoned said they could probably do it but I would need to source a zip.

When I bought my new boots they guy in the shop called the A* rep to see if I could get a spare zip - he couldn't supply this but recommended a cobbler called Manfreds on Errol St in North Melbourne - he stocks the zip already and can do it for $65