Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyones views on a ducati 600ss

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by fuggit, Aug 6, 2005.

1. howdy there everyone as my quest for a roadbike continues ill be posting questions like these
    for some reason i have always liked the ducati 600 ss i think they were made between 95 & 99 not quite sure anyones views about the pro's and cons of these bikes would be appreciated very much

2. They look nice, they sound nice... they go like a 400... oh and yellow BMW's tend to fall on them :)

*runs away before smack and smee notice this thread*
  3. BMW

Buy More Wubbish :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. They are very old and were always a budget bike anyway so I'd steer clear. The don't actually sell them anymore but you can still get a 1000 DS which is a much much better machine.
  5. They were discontinued in 1997. I probably got the last one in Aus. Haven't had any problems with it in 50,000klm. Not the fastest or most comfortable bike, but get to twisties and have some real fun. Some had a problem with pistons, but all were either fixed under warranty (or the owners didn't get serviced by Ducati) I see them for sale in shops usually around the $6 to $8K mark, most with 40,000+ k's on them. The difference between the 600 and the larger ones are single front disk and different rear swingarm/wider tyre. Forks are not adjustable. They also don't like to have Manderine tractors lie on them.

Thats giving them more power than they actually have :p
  6. I meant a Ducati 400SS *runs away really really quick*
  7. Thats OK, for a minute I thought you meant VFR400
  8. You go buy your little red ducati and park it next to my BMW then we'll see who will be laughing.