Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone work for Aus Post?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by typhoon, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Just wondering what they are like to work for, seem to hear a bit in the news about their employee relations?
    Good or bad?

Regards, Andrew.

2. I think Lordtb is a postie, shoot him a PM.
  3. Been with aussie post for 5 years, in diffrent sections great to work for depending on what job your doing andrew why?
  4. i applied to be a postie , hope i get it
  5. depending on what you work as.. They are not a bad employer.. you work hard, they look after you..
  6. Any weekend only postie jobs? :moped:
  7. Shouldn't the thread title be "Is anyone employed by Aus Post" to avoid the obvious :LOL:
  8. I'm applying for truck/transport work with them. May as well use my licence to teh fullest, and I love being on the road.
    It would allow me to hopefully transfer around too, being in a large national company.
    I don't think I'd get on a postie run, something about a weight limit for their bikes! They could always get me a work GTR!
    Regards, Andrew.
  9. Wheres the job advertised for andrew ? just out of curiosity
  10. AusPost don't advertise, you fill out an application via their website, and it goes from there.

Regards, Andrew.
  11. :rofl:

oh god thats the funniest thing ive read in a while, they will look after you if you whinge biatch and moan all the time to your area office. If you just go about your work quietly they will screw you they dont care atleat thats what ive seen in my 6years with them.

(i am only speaking from the retail side of operations)
  12. all I know is the sub contractors don''t give a S&^%.

Twice this month I have received packages ( I presume ebay purchases) that are meant for other residents in my street. WTF, can't they read the number on my letterbox.
  13. Ummm, yes, all sub-contractors from Aus post don't care. Met them all have we?
  14. Not all.....I did not say ALL.
    Just a certain sub contractor(s) that work from the SOMERTON mail centre.
  15. :furious: Beery, start bitching then.. :LOL: :LOL: