Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone watching the Olympics?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by DisgruntledDog, Jul 29, 2012.

1. I'm not a huge fan. The wife watches the Equestrian Events. I don't mind the weight lifting, particularly the woman's snatch.

2. Rice got cooked!! [speaking of snatch]

3. Are there any MOTO events? :demon:

4. haven't watched one second of these so-called amateur professional events since 1996, not about to start now

Thank goodness for the other digital channels that give us a choice.

5. Only if you like football, re-runs of Masterchef & Home & away, kids shows or Ethnic News!!!!
    Thank God/Budda/Jehova for DVD's!

6. The woman's beach volleyball was good to watch this morning. **** knows who won but one of the girls from the USA had a fantastic arse!

7. I like the track and field events, think they start next week tho. We have foxtel and there's 8 channels for it, not bad..fills the void of bad tv and mindless conversation with the wife

8. PMSL :rofl:

9. I was rather annoyed as a 4 year old when I found out there was no motor racing.
    I still am.

11. Thank James Russell for inventing the optical storage system.

12. Same, they allow professionals for one sport to compete but don't allow it for others. They announce the winner(s) as 'the best in the world' yet there are other people out there that are significantly better then the people who win gold, there just not allowed to compete in the sport(s).

Usually just watch the Olympics for the wrestling, judo, swimming, and the 100m race(s) if there on.

13. I believe that would be xenu.

14. how many to get busted for performance enhancements this time around ?

15. There has been 11 confirmed positive results so far and 1 bloke who has not allowed compete because he wouldn't give a sample. Will be interesting to see what it gets up to once all the results are back.

16. china to win anything that doesnt need strength or speed

17. I started watching the Doggies v Saints game on Sunday arvo, but the Dishlickers were getting whoop-arsed by the Sainters so I flipped the box to the Olympics, Turkey v Brazil in womans volleyball.. gottaloveit ! I didn't know Turkish woman could get legs that long.

18. Yep.. Watched bare chested men swim. :p

19. A Scotsman, an Englishman and an Irishman want to get in, but they haven't got tickets.

The Scotsman picks up a manhole cover, tucks it under his arm and walks to the gate.

"McTavish, Scotland," he says, "Discus," and in he walks.

The Englishman picks up a length of scaffolding and slings it over his
    shoulder.

"Waddington-Smythe, England," he says, "Pole vault," and in he walks.

The Irishman looks around, picks up a roll of barbed wire and tucks it under his arm, "O'Malley, Ireland," he says, "Fencing."

20. No choice, SWMBO puts the Games on regardless: but I do get her to watch Gem/Ch90 so that it's at least in HD.

If you have 3D, watch 96: they sometimes run the Opening as a filler and the cameras are in different locations to the speccy high angle stuff, much more interesting and 'in there' with the performers :)