Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone use alpinestars GPX's?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ralph, Sep 1, 2010.

1. I am looking for summer gloves. Through my searches I look like the alpinestar GPX's.... anyone got them ?? how do you rate? (I did a few searches and couldn't find a thread on them).

Any other suggestions for what would be the best summer gloves to buy ? take money out of the equation - what would people recommend as the best option for summer gloves?

Attached Files:

2. lifted from another forum, claimed alpinestars summer gloves... FAIL.

Attached Files:

3. ouch...
  4. I have the GPX, great glove, very comfy and also a beautiful summer glove. I wear some oxford liners in them for winter because I like them so much.

Have had one off with them the left glove got some scuff marks on the palm but they both held up amazingly and I'm still using them. No fraying or splitting. Would recommend to anyone
  5. those aren't GPX gloves
  6. couple of sugestions though,suitable for like stinking hot summer, as opposed to just warm days, where any ventilated gloves would suffice.
    check out >
    - spidi race vent, around 180 posted from the states, maybe less, shop around.
    - vanucci RVX-2 summer airflow gloves, around 100 au, posted from the UK or Europe, again shop around.

either of those would probably be in the top 5 for extremely hot weather riding, but obviously don't offer as much protection as a typical fair weather glove of decent quality...other brands worth a look, though i don't know specific model/make/whatever, would be Held or maybe Dainese
  7. no, they don't look to be, maybe SP1.
    he claimed they were A*, but it's the interwebs, where the truth is where you choose it to be.