Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone use a Replay XD720 Camera?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Fa1c0n, Apr 11, 2014.

1.  Top
  2. I have a couple of cheaper cams + a gopro...TBH should have just saved buying lil ones n got another gopro

• Like Like x 1
  3. Its actually pretty good for what it is, an action cam. Fairly easy to use on the helmet, with the pivoting mount and thanks to its form factor. The 720 is quite small, a little bit bigger than a chapstick, but renders good video, with good colours and good whites auto balance.

It vibrates when used, to let you know when it haas started/stopped recording. With gloves, is a big plus to have that feedback instead of an audible tone. No other shooting modes though, you are stuck with 720p 30fps or 60fps, and video quality is nowhere near a GoPro hero3, but depending on your intended use, it could be the only thing you need.

I managed to buy it for $100 in the Top Gear Festival, and quite happy with it.

4. I read on their website though the 720 is not waterproof - only water resistant. So that's disappointing.

5. If you want to submerge it, then yeah is disappointing. But is water resistant, meanibg it works on rainy situations.

Haven't really tested it in a downpour, but light rain an such it works, is actually pretty weatherproof in its construction.