Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone tried RST Tractech boots/gloves?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Relax, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Im looking to purchase some of my riding gear and ive been looking at the RST Tractech boots and gloves as i like the way they look and they arent overally expensive.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them before and were they good to walk around in and just overall comfortable?

obviously most of the walking would just be from the door to my bike but sometimes i might need to walk around the main street, at my mates place i was thinking i could just carry a pair of volleys in a back pack or something.
  2. I have the Tractech WP boots. It's the perfect size/shape for my foot, so it's really comfortable for me. Walking around it is quite rigid, so I tend to walk quite stiff/upright. When it's raining, it can be slippery walking on smooth/glossy surfaces. So far, in the worst of rains my socks are modestly damp instead of soaking wet.
  3. I have the tratech waterproof boots too and I find them to be more comfortable that the similarly priced (or pricier) alpinestars smx5 or anything around that price.
    The size runs true (unlike A*) and the amount of padding is pretty good.
    Support wise the amount of lateral support is quite decent, better than the flimsy plastic on the alpinestars smx plus which costs alot more.

The only thing that annoys me about this boot is that the zip is not very smooth and gets stuck easily, and the boot creeks alot.
    I don't do much walking in them but they have broken in well after more than half a year of weekend riding.

came off twice on it and they held up well too. :)
  4. When you say "the size is true" does that mean if I am normally a 10 and buy a RST boot in size 10 it will fit like a size 10?

Make sense?