Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone recommend a good dentist in Sydney?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TarmacSamurai, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a pathological distrust of dentists. Not a fear of dentistry, just a fear of getting ripped off for work that doesn't need doing. However, I have a toothache and need to see a dentist, so wondered if anyone had any good recommendations for the Sydney CBD, Eastern suburbs area? I'm happy to travel a bit north or west of the city too for a good one.

2. My dentist is in Liverpool and is excellent. I still see her even though I now live in Melbourne (like you, I am very wary of dentists so when I find one I like, I tend to stick with them).

She does not do unnecessary stuff and she explains what she wants to do and why.

PM me if you want her details.
  3. Nick Saucis in Mosman - very good, especially if you are a little nervous about dentists...
  4. lat time I went to a dentist for a checkup after 5 years of non attendance, he did x-rays I didn't ask for, a clean I didn't ask for and charged me $350 for the privilege. Needless to say I haven't been back.

PM sent.
  5. a) private health insurance
    b) get friendly with your dentist

a) will cover almost all of the cost depending on the cover
    b) can sometimes help with the leftover.

if you didn't want your teeth x-rayed or cleaned (pretty much all dentists do now) then why did you go?

despite the topic being two years old, i've found ormonde dental centre in hurstville quite helpful.
  6. Dentist "The only way I can see all the cavities is to xray. Sit here . . .there you go, all done."

Buzz, buzz grind, Dentist "I'm cleaning your teeth now" me, "worwrefug!"
  7. cool. how many did you manage?
  8. None. That's why I hadn't been to the dentist in years. My bridgework may not be pretty, but it's sturdy.
  9. I know a good dental surgeon, who charges about half of what you'll pay for one in the City, if you need any actual serious work done.

Dr Punnia-Moorthy
    Suite 5, 12 Railway Pde, Burwood, NSW, 2134
    (02) 9745 4066

Removed two Wisdom teeth from my wife, very little pain afterwards, healed well, no complications. Was very good in explaining what the risks were and exactly what would happen.

For checkups and cleanings, and light dental work, I pay for HCF and use one of their dental centers. They're quite cheap in the long wrong, and the dentists that work there are all top notch. On HCF, I can get my teeth checked every 6 months included in the premium. Wife had a problem with a cap, we paid $31 for $131 worth of work (examination, and fix).

I think most health insurers offer rolling 6 month introductions where they waive the 6 month waiting period on some things like dental checkups.
  10. Hope the OP hasn't been waiting two years for a response from anyone here.

I hate the dentist actually - last time I went was around 2003. Old SBHS school friend of mine Anthony Berdoukis in Marrickville would be my pick.
  11. :rofl:

Well at least one of us is awake.

Maybe he died of an oral infection.
  12. ](*,) :rofl:

For ****s sake, this forum seriously need to automatically close threads that have no activity for more than 6 months. :/
  13. D'oh! Didn't even check the date!
  14. hehe. I did just after thread was bumped, but couldn't be bothered mentioning it. TarmacSamurai being the OP was the obvious clue.
  15. The lesson here is always check your date.
  16. The toothache could come back and shouldn't date checking and other prostate exam related postes be in another topic?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.