Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

anyone playing in a band?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Maximus, Jan 30, 2007.

1. hey guys,
    was just wondering if anyone is playing in a band or looking at starting one just for fun or with serious intentions??? i play drums for some time, but ever since i moved to Oz haven't had any luck really finding any people thinking the same way as i do in a musical way... let me know if anyone is interested at all. would be fun.

thanks.

2. Pete the Freak has a band, Six Pocket Theory
    Loz sings in a 5-part harmony group called Suade
    Edgelett is a guitarist and is always on the lookout for a partner in music.

3. I know a couple chicks who are looking for a drummer right now in Melb, PM me your number and an idea of where you're at or ring me on 0418 219 330.

4. planning on starting again when my bandmates come back from greece. was a bass player. have been in several bands.

http://www.myspace.com/drunkenm

they did good without me lol...

5. I'm in a 3 piece as yet unnamed group at the moment.
    Seems no drummers that are actually capable of drumming live in Adelaide.....

as soon as our website is ready I'll be posting a link for everyone.

6. i know everyone is sort of saying how badly the drummers are needed but i was never even given a proper chance to show myself. well yeah i don't have a full drum kit. but i keep saying that i'll get through by renting for the time being and if i think that the band is going somewhere then i'd get one. just don't seem any point of investing at least 1500$ in something that i might not use. well looks like that statement didn't really give me too much credit. anyways, if anyone out there is on the look, let me know, i live in berwick, victoria.

thanks.

7. Mate i've already got a drummer........:shock: but if you're looking to join a band go to Pony Music in Melverton Drive in Hallam (just down the road from the pub). They have a board up where people looking for musos advertise, theres usually heaps of ads. You could also try some of the music shops in the area like Cranbourne music, they usually have a board up too. Oh, and don't forget to talk to the staff in these places, they usually have a good idea of what's going on locally.

Hope this helps :grin:

8. i played in a band for 3 years with a drummer who didn't own a kit. he just used my kit. he is still the best drummer I've ever been in a band with.

I'm happy for someone to join who doesn't have a "full" kit, I don't give a shit if you just have a snare, kick & one cymbal.

But I DO expect you to be able to stay in time from the start of the song to the end, and to play a beat that fits the fricking song, not solo from beginning to end.

that's the type of person who's been rocking up to audition. They just can't actually play well enough. And I'm not going to get a shit drummer just to have someone.

9. But I DO expect you to be able to stay in time from the start of the song to the end, and to play a beat that fits the fricking song, not solo from beginning to end.

that's the type of person who's been rocking up to audition. They just can't actually play well enough. And I'm not going to get a shit drummer just to have someone.[/quote]

fair enough and that's pretty much the way i look at it. cause so many drummers out there are just trying to squeeze everything they possibly know into one song. and in the end they probably listen and go what da hell was that themselves, cause they wouldn't simply understand it. sux you're in adelaide though. would've been great to catch up and give it a shot.