Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone on Black Spur about 2pm 26/03/06

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by booga, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Hello,

Just wondering if anyone of our guys or gals were on the BS about 2pm, as there were two riders went down.
    One was a yellow bike, but model unknown.

Well, before feeling sorry for them, lets consider that they were overtaking a loaded van (ie, no visibility) on left hand corners. A bit silly dont ya think? :roll:

So, was it anyone we know?
  2. Very interesting you comment on that bike
    Yes my partner and i were on our way home heading north and the first thing my man said to me is Did you see that bike ect?
    i said no comment :shock:
    he was on his bike ,i was on mine and
    it sounds like it was Lucky for us as we missed the Off
    ,after a long day of riding ,we were looking forward to getting home safely,

3. I was up there at 2ish but i didn't see the yellow bike, The other bike that crashed was a red r1 which stacked just out the front of the black spur roadhouse, male rider with a female pillion.
    Dunno any other details
  4. The yellow one was mates mate (hehe), on a triumph 600, he came off around a corner overtaking a car, got banged up a bit and is in hospital now but will live to ride another day. My mate told me about it at work today sounded like a pretty nasty off.
  5. not very good to hear
    but not very smart over taking a car in the corner...
    or am i reading wrong :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Hmm.

That puts me in mind of the dumbest thing I ever did in the spur..

Went for a pass with not enough visibility, and was accelerating before I'd turned straight into the other lane. I found myself accelerating hard towards the right side of the road (and the rock wall next to it) facing a car that had rounded the corner ahead.

I spent a solid three seconds reining 'er in, got in my lane, and had at least a second before that car went by.

My mate following said even before I pulled out he was thinking "dont do it you idiot".

It was another applied lesson in why the "gotta keep up" mindset is bad, bad, BAD!
  7. I was with yellow bike, (triumph 600tt)

He came off after he had passed the car, hit some uneven ground and the arse went out, perhaps going a bit quick and went flying into the embankment, he broke his collar bone and shattered every bone in his foot. :eek:

Bit unlucky, and bit harsh saying no sympathy :S