Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone need tyres?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by funky_monkey, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Just wore down my pilot powers and fitted a set of the new Avon Vipers Sport. Heard many great comments on these tyres and the Busa club swear by them. Then I thought I would take the punt and see what the fuss is all about.

Well after an afternoon in and out of black spur... let me tell you... these tyres are a must for those who like pushing it hard. A hard gripper all round (using the whole tyre and cranked over)and could power out of corners quite hard without any give front or rear... an amazing set of tyres. They hold lines very fast, smoothly and steady... just effortless.

There will be a set of these Avon Viper Sport tyres arriving this week or early next week at A1 tyres in Ringwood that I ordered nearly three weeks ago but my patience was wearing thin so I found a set in the city and got them fitted for $500

Most places wont have them in stock... but the odd ones may... or you can order them in...

All in all these tyres must be tried... they are very confidence inspiring... grip like no other... no squirming... no joint in the carcase... and in my opinion are far better than the pilot powers. No... i'm not trying to sell tyres and i'm no salesman... mark my word!! you wont be dissapointed!!

Anyone wishing to try them let me know and I'll inform David from A1 to hold them. They are still under my name so they wont go anywhere.

The sizes are:

Front: 120/70/R17 (AV 59)
    Rear: 190/50/R17 (AV 60)

Cheers Franky :cool:
  2. Just curious as to how they hold up in the wet
  3. oh he forgot to mention the down side... lol
    im a michellin man so im sticking to that for a while. Curious! has anyone tried the new dunlop qualifiers?
  4. G'day mothegg

As for the wet they hold quite well... but I generaly dont get too confident in the wet no matter what tyres I fit... All tyres will slip in the wet but in saying that... some tyres will hold better than others. The Vipers are fine on rainy days. Take note of the tread pattern that finishes about an inch before the edge... you dont usually lean over that far in the wet hence absolute contact when crancked over in the dry.

I went out last Sunday and did a few laps of the spur and will definately grab another set of these Vipers. To each is own I suppose... but you can get on the gas earlier exiting corners and drive out hard with grip. I have pushed them to the point where you can feel them sliding but in a progressive maner. Dont be fooled by the name Avon. They've been around for years. The Vipers hit the market last year and the mexicans cant grab enough of them.

Cheers Franky :cool:
  5. i was looking these tyres as well for a gixer 600 k4
    ive heard some great reviews on these tyres and nothing but praise...
    pitty about the rear.. as i have a 180 :cry: :cry:
  6. Thanx for that mate the reason i asked is cos i got these crappy dunlops that came with the bike and in the dry....average. In the wet.......dangerous and I'm not a quick rider either so its not me. I'm looking at replacing them and want something with better grip and these sound like the go especially with all the rain in QLD lately. Maybe after I get my new pipe....... :)
  7. Has anyone tried azaro st45 and rear st46 avon tyres ????