Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone nearby to Preston in Melbourne?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by screwball, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hai guys,

There's a bike in melbourne, specifically preston that I'm looking to buy and ship to the gold coast.

It's a CBR250RR but it's had a bit of a dingle (front end is smashed) and I'm looking for someone excluding the owner lol to have a look at it (maybe someone a bit more experienced) and tell me how it all looks.

Apparently it's just front end damage and the pictures seem to tell the tale pretty well but I am just covering my bases is all.

Anyone able to help?

2. Hmmmm I am a newb with little experience so would not be of help to you, though I have to ask... why buy a bingled 250rr of all bikes, AND ship it all the way up there.... ??

I assume it is going for a steal and cash is an issue?

3. Yeah it's a good buy, but also I lost my license last year which threw out my open license circumstances so I'm back on a 250 for a while.

Couldn't bring myself to buy a CB250 or a VTR250 or anything too spensive so since this came up, I don't mind fixing it myself and also I'm helping out a dude who needs the cash so yeah, we all win!

It's not TOO expensive to ship it. I've done the figures and it puts me a few hundred in front if i buy it and fix it myself. Some might say I am wasting my time but ultimately I like the CBR250RR's and I don't want to pay $5000.00 for one.

4. I live in Preston. Drop me a PM and I'll go have a look for you.

5. Hey thanks! PM sent!