Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone managed to squeeze a nice loud air horn into a CBR600?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by grue, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Tired of having a horn people can't hear over their mouthbreathing, but concerned about where to mount it, any suggestions?

2. I've managed to squeeze 3 horns (120db) in a 94 ZZR600. Bottle in the tool compartment, one in the side cover, one under the fuel tank and the other horn under the headlight. Had to buy a couple of metres of line to get it all plumbed up. (was easier to buy fuel line to use - AutoBarn). Cable ties are your friend.....

3. Top of helmet

4. Stebel Nautilius' or a Stebel Magnum compact at 134db are a recommended earbasher to wake the numnuts up......... :p

5. Yeah those are what I'm looking at. I might just have to suck it up and buy one and hope I cna get it in somewhere.

(that's what she said)

6. I'm running a Stebel Nautilus in the car, not a bad horn... good volume, but as far as its 'bark' goes, it just sounds like a chihuahua on a loudspeaker.

Will probably move it over to the bike and fit a truck horn to the car.

Anyways, I saw this when searching, hopefully it may help you:

http://www.wallis.id.au/vstrom650/horn.htm

7. Felix did it to a CBR1000RR look for Sophie build in the forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. This...

GFCUPHLDR_800-1__84986_zoom.

and this...

3450616C.

That should get some attention...especially with the ability to point it directly at the culprit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

11. Train horns?! That's friggin' gold! =D>

12. Can you imagine the furore you could cause with one of those, particularly in a town that used to have a rail connection, :)