Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone live south west of Sydney?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by IronHorse, May 15, 2009.

1. G'day

Anyone here live south west of Sydney? I am looking at buying a bike but can't get enough time off work to go and have a look at it, I am in the Army currently on course in Singleton.

I was hoping someone from here could have a look at it or recommend a bike shop in and around cambelltown area? Case of piss wouldn't be out of the question.

Looking for someone with a couple of years experience with bikes, the help would be much appreciated.

Luke

2. Fresh in singo' ey.

Got an idea of what u want?

3. bit more info bud, what type of bike, price range, new / used and so on

4. Haha, didn't think I would end up back in Singo mate. :(

Here is the bike I am looking at, Click Here

The owner lives in Bradbury, bought this bike off his mate who bought from Sumoto.

Anyone got any recommendations for workshops in the SW/Metro area?

5. I live south west of Sydney :rofl:
    Two things I noticed;
    • It's a grey import (Keep away)
    • Price- It's only worth at best $2000
    IMO I wouldn't waste my time.

EDIT: $2000 is it's red book value

6. Avoid Sumoto at all costs.. esp for 4 pot screamers..

7. yep, keep away from sumoto products, its a postie bike with cosmetics to look like a ducati superbike :LOL:

8. Right, what would you guys recommend then? Looking for something that has desirable looks and isn't so tame.

9. i thought at basic you wernt allowed to drive/ride anything whilst on course...?

10. 2 year posting, part of the posting is my promotion course. Been reading up on Sumoto, dodgy! Cheers for the heads up fellas.

11. 250 Hornets a grey imports too, but they don't the opprobrium that goes with the Sumoto name....

12. :LOL:

It isn't worth 9k though, if that wasn't obvious. However its very likely they may have paid that much if they went through a dealer.

Good luck checking it out, they are fantastic bikes.