Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

anyone know where to get a rear master cyl sleeved?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by FT500, Nov 2, 2010.

  1. My Rear Master is leaking, I want to get it resleeeved (can't get a new one)

    anyone know anywhere / recommend anywhere, prefer to be in melbourne but can always express post it.

    Its the last thing i need before tyres to get my FT500 registered :(


  2. Get an overhaul kit for it, they should exist, I recently did my front m/c, easy job, half hour at most.

    You get a new piston, seals, springs clips, etc, should fix the leak unless the cyclinder itself is compromised.

    I got the parts from Wemoto but you should be able to get them locally for more $$$$.
  3. Are you sure it needs it? It's more likely to be aged rubber components rather than a scored cylinder in my experience? I'd be doing as the others have suggested and putting a kit through it. You can give the cylinder a light hone if you thing it needs it, but usually the kits are enough to return it to a fluid-tight condition.

  4. Tried the kit route, no good... Will try the hone next.... Ordered a new hone, on backorder :(
  5. pulled it down last night, realised.. The kit i got was missing a rubber. oops. Put a new one in on the piston and it seals now, 8-[

    all back together and no pedal yet. Will need to give it a good bleed as the system is 'dry'

    also got a few other things done so nearly got it on the road =D>

    Thanks for the advice people