Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone know the OEM fork spring-rates for 2000-04 cb600f ?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by AndyJ, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Trying to find out what the stock OEM fork's spring rate is for the honda hornet cb600f.

Anyone worked it out? :grin:

Also I'm in the market for a pair, so if you have swapped them out of your hornet for heavier springs then please PM me!

2. I think you're going about this the wrong way. Call up a suspension dealer, buy some springs that are the correct weight for you and your bike together, and then fit them. Why buy old, shagged hornet springs? A shagged spring is a shagged spring. A brand new set of good aftermarket k-techs is only about $200.
  3. Er, having said that I might have some old shagged cb600 springs in the garage out of Edgelett's bike, and some old shagged cb900 springs too. I'll have a look.
  4. Yep, they're in there. Yours if you want 'em.
  5. Yeah? Sweet!

It's just that all the aftermarket springs, racetech etc, are 8N/mm or higher. I'm wanting to get the cb600 springs tested on the suspension dyno to see if they are a bit softer than 8N, and if they are I'll get the suspension techie to fit some to the vtr250! :grin: