Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone know how to get into Suzuki Across boot?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Royalla, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Ok im feeling very stupid atm.....

So i took my battery out last week while i was waiting to get a new one... It was a windy day so i though i would close the boot which was up to get to the battery, then without thinking i put the seat back on the bike which stops me from being able to life up the boot again. Normally this wouldnt be a problem but the previous owner kept the seat unlock key in the boot.... which now has no battery power to open it and i cant lift the boot up because the seat is in the way ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

soooo, does anyone know how to get the boot open without the battery being in the bike??? Or do they know how to get the seat off without the key?

If anyone does know could they possibly PM me how becuase im thinking it would not be a good idea to broadcast this out for anyone to read.

2. if you can reach the battery terminals with a set of insulated long nose alligator clips you could try that, wouldnt take much current to work the release.
  3. Thankyou!!

Took 15mins to get the wire to positive then i jsut earthed the other wire to the bike and pop she opened
  4. from memory you can also stick a key or something through a small hole and hit the release. when you take the seat off there is a hole at the base of the boot.

this was a couple of years ago though
  5. That's correct. Remove the seat and unscrew the small metal plate at the base of the "tank". Insert a screwdriver into the correct hole and wiggle to manually release the latch.
  6. Failing that...this should do the trick.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. The only method I know of requires the seat being off... and i can't think of how to get the seat off without a key. I've never seen any hole or anything to bypass the key mechanism for the seat release.

I'd now recommend putting a wire to your +ve that hangs down a bit behind teh fairing and has a terminal cap on it. Means you can then give it some juice without the fuss.

When i was unfortunate enough to have different keys i kept the seat key in my jacket. That way it goes where the bike goes.
  8. i got 3 jackets :s
  9. true... i just skimmed the op
  10. Give it to a women. They are good at opening handbags.
  11. beat me to it