Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone know any good mobile mechanics?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by bugeater, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Well my Across hasn't run for months now. I've put a new battery in and used "Start you bastard" and it doesn't go. Turns over but it just doesn't seem to catch. I just don't have the tools or time to stuff around with it.
    Does anyone know a good mechanic that can come to me? Pete the pom has worked on it before, but I don't think he is doing work anymore.
    Main problem is I'm moving in two weeks, so I've got to get the bike moved to the new place. I'd rather drive it than get it transported there. I also don't want to spend too much money on it, since I'll probably end up driving it to a wreckers anyway (anyone know a good wrecker too?).

2. Might help if you tell us which area you're in.

For that fact, which state, even!
  3. pete the pom is from melb so Id'd say Victoria :>
  4. Mobile mechanics are all good ...... in ripping you off.
  5. Opps, sorry, thought my location was in my profile. My bad.

I'm in Brunswick, Melbourne.

And I understand that a mobile mechanic is likely to charge more, but I just need to get it going. Otherwise I need to spend money getting it moved instead (and it still wont be going).

6. Hey,

Try using 'Rolling Motorcycle Repairs' - just search for it in google/yahoo.
    I've used them before to re-tune my carbies - a little expensive but the mechanic is very reliable.
    I live in west melbourne, so the mech should be able to get to Brunswick.
    I don't know many other mobile mechanics for motorcycles .... but if you find another please let me know.

7. Heh.. I was gonna reccomend Rolling Motorcycle reparis as well.. just check it out in partner discount and links directory...
    I haven't heard any bad stuff about them....