Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone know a good ride?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by CharmedSon2, Jun 8, 2007.

1. I may be going for a ride on the afternoon of Sunday 10th of June or anytime Monday 11th, and I was wondering if anyone knows a good ride in North Eastern Vic.
    I am at Mulwala, approx. 1hr West of Albury/Wodonga, and I am looking for a good, 2 and a Half hour round trip (excluding a minimum 30min break/stop off) as a minimum, as i may be riding Sunday afternoon and dont particulary wish to be heading westward with the sun in my eyes late in the afternoon.
    A 5hr round trip (excluding a minimum 30min break/stop off) would be great for Monday as its my day off. :grin:

If anyone knows of anything, PM me or just post a reply here and I'll see what happens from there.

P.S. If you know a good route and wish to come with me PM me and we could organise time/day etc.

2. hmmm sorrry be be a smart ass but check your dates

3. Make up your mind, are you after a good ride or good route ?

:rofl: :smileysex: :bolt:

Oh god I crack myself up sometimes :LOL: :LOL:

( fri night drinks help too ) :twisted:

4. When i first started venturing out a bit on the bike the best way to pick a route was to start riding......when i passed a road that looked interesting I'd turn down it.

Yeah a few u turns are needed but makes for a good days ride and you see stuff you've gone past before

5. Yeah, she worked at the "Best Friend" bar in Pattaya ;)

6. What? No "Your mum" comments.

Geez.... we're civilized today.

7. Hey Trent, your biggest problem with a short ride is getting somewhere interesting from Mulwala, you need to ride almost an hour to start finding corners.

As for a longer ride here's a variation on one I've been planning for myself http://tinyurl.com/2t5gbj or if you want a bit longer ride then http://tinyurl.com/2p3f4y Another alternative to the second ride is to go from Myrtleford to Beechworth via Stanley rather than Yack, but I haven't seen that road in ages so I don't know its condition.

The roads around Bright are lots of fun and usually well maintained. Bear in mind that there will be a heap of traffic centred around Rutherglen all of this weekend because of the Winery Walkabout as well as the extra long weekend traffic that's bound to be about.

Have fun and be sure to take pics.

8. Go to corang via mount beauty from albury :grin:

9.  Top
  10. Can't see what your route is from that link, but anyway...
    Most of the great roads in that part of the world are on the other side of Albury from where you are, so heading home into the setting sun is going to be inevitable in the long run.
    Next time, try the Murray River Road east from Hume Weir, then through Granya and back through either Tallangatta or all the way to Corryong. Brilliant roads.
    There's also some OK bits around the Warby range towards Glenrowan from your area. Closer, but nowhere near as good as good as the gems further east.

11. Try wang, whitfield, mansfield, benalla, shep, home.
    Mate your location sucks for interesting roads.

12. I rEad that and went WTF??

TRY WANG??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

13. I've lived here for eight years and I still giggle a bit when people talk about 'going down to Wang'.

14. Well I guess some people never really leave "home" (King Valley) no matter where they now live. :grin: :LOL:

15. Wangaratta. I grew up in Benalla and still get a giggle too. :LOL: The ride suggestion was good though. :)

However, (and I'm sorry this is late) but from Benalla, head up around Lake Mokoan (Yarra Rd, right onto Lake Mokoan Rd) and turn left at the end of the road (Glenrowan-Boweya Rd). Then turn right onto the Warby's NP Road (otherwise known as the Devenish-Wang Rd). This will take you back to Wang through a delightfully devilish set of twisties. :twisted: No-one knows about this road so keep your mouth shut (cause I love the road and like having zero traffic) :wink: but it's an absolute hoot. :grin:

If you like you can then go back towards benalla a few Km and turn right onto the Taminick Gap Rd (Short but fun), back around the lake and over to Shep by any number of routes, but I would bypass Shep and go to Yarrawonga anyway. :)