Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone in Brisbane able to check out a bike for me?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by oohsam, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Hi All,
    Sad story. I bought a R6 from NSW just before new years. She was a beauty. Drove up from vic, picked her up, and came back.
    All of 5 days later, my best mate, who is also a rider, took her up the street and dropped her pretty hard.
    The bike is now written off, so I'm on the hunt for a new bike.

I've found a bike up in Brisbane, but the drive is too epic for me.
    If any of you folk are kind enough to have a geezer at it, just to check if there is anything obvious as its hard to tell allotw from pictures. I'd very much appreciate it.

PS. Its in Albany Creek

Let me know.
  2. I might be able to take a look on the weekend, but not really sure what too look for.
  3. Mate, If you could, that would be great. I'm happy to throw you a pineapple for your trouble.
    Just really want someone to check it out, make sure there is no damage on the bike, and that it starts up. Obviously not a detailed check, just an unbiased opinion.
  4. I am sure there is a thread here on what to check on a bike for non mechanical people

if not there should be a sticky
  5. Your mates paying for it I hope..
  6. Might be able to have a look next weekend
  7. So did you buy the bike oohsam?
  8. and here i was hoping for a pic lol
  9. TRA - Thanks heaps for offering to look at it. I greatly appreciate it.
    By the time I could tee up a time, I found some very cheap tickets with Qantas to fly up and look at it myself. I was in Brisbane for all of 2 hours, but was well worth it as I found some issues with the bike that I was able to negotiate the price down a little more.

And yes. I bought the bike....Just have to wait now for the guys to deliver it to me. So hopefully next week...I'll have some pics.