Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

anyone in and around epping [vic]

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Sep 9, 2009.

1. If so and you are bored, I need to borrow a USB cable for an iPhone.

I left my cable at home and usually tether my phone via bluetooth to get on the net but the battery life is retarted on teh iPhone and will go dead before I finish work.

Alternatively, if you want to go buy one and deliver it to me I'll transfer the money into your account as soon as I get home :grin:

0400 885 955

Cheers

2. Surely the local internet cafe in epping is ur best friend :LOL: Hope u make it home alive :LOL:

3. So there IS a downside to iPhones

4. Lets all call his phone to flatten the battery quicker!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

5. That J.O fella is around that area, and I believe he fills his days counting the cracks in the ceiling. Maybe try him, does he know what a USB is?

6. ...We're talking about Epping here!!..... :rofl:

Oh!!...my bad!!... ya mean in Melb!! :p

7. ha ha dickhead!!!!! :p

I'm stuck at work and forgot my charge cable.

Never mind, at least I got some work done today :grin:

9. User Is Active: Yes ( ) No ( X ) :mad:

10. sounds like someone's jonesing for his apps :grin:

have the shakes set in yet?
    a layer of cold sweat on your back?
    maybe a little baby iPhone with a dead battery, crawling across the ceiling towards you..?

11. must be having some problems, i'm still active!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

:bolt:

12. maybe he's out stealing books to feed his app-dependance :grin:

13. ....Not if you make any more nasty comments about me you won't be lad!!

:cheeky:

:LOL:

14. Vic,
    When I'm in Melbourne, I'm always hanging around Epping, as that's where my bike resides...can't keep me away from there too long !
    Sorry I'm not around at the moment to assist, otherwise no probs mate.
    Maybe a coffee any other time though, seeing as I'm so close :)
    Hope it's sorted.
    Cheers.

15. So Vic's off the internet?

Quick, everybody break the website!

16. Cheers mate, appreciate it.

I connect my netbook to the net at work via my iPhone and bluetooth "tethering" wich as you can appreciate will drain the battery fairly quickly.

Not a huge deal, connected, checked the forums and email, disconnected. Reconnected again mid morning did the same.

I have a clock radio that has a dock for the iPhone so will take that to work and sit the phone in it once connected to the net and I can listen to my toons as a bonus ;)

Yeah, coffee sounds good, give me a bell when you are in the area.

Thanks

17. Hope the bikes safe Nickers and i hope u have a bike to come back to :LOL:

18. Hahaha, kinkybinky.. you mean, no 'Yeah, what he said' reply ? :LOL: :LOL:

Bike is well guarded mate. Besides, with security like this, who needs to ever worry ?

ThisHouseGuardedByShotgunjokesign.

;)

19. So, what happened to the N95?

And I thought you were holding out for one of these Android phones? No go there, either?

20. If you use the USB cable can't you "tether" it via the cable? And if so won't it charge off the Netbook's battery?

What telco/plan are you on and what's it cost for the data usage?