Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone here live near melb CBD and like to help me out?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by methd, Apr 14, 2009.

1. I just picked up my new bike (1198S) and while my R1 is still in the garage, I want to do a shoot with the both of them side by side (tonight @ 5PM).

I need someone's help to ride them across the city (4 blocks) and take pics for an hour @ Docklands.

If it helps, I'm happy to do a free shoot with 'your' bike at a later date.

To give you an idea.... I'm a full time professional photographer, and here's a couple pics of the last shoot I did.

If you're interested, and I know it's late notice, please call me on 0403199118.
  2. Argh! I'm usually able to help out almost any day (I'm paid to kick back at home with a shoulder injury that still lets me ride :grin: ), live 5 min walk from the MCG but we're doing a working bee at my place tonight. House inspection 9am tomorrow so it's getting tidied up and with my shoulder injury, pregnant wife, we kinda rely on a little outside help atm.

BAD BAD timing, any other day and I would most likely be able to help!
  3. Cheers anyway :)

I'm going to take the Duke there in any case, i just wanted both while they're still there. If anyone is in the area and want their bike photographed, come down for a yarn or two!
  4. maybe change the title to "who wants to ride my R1" and youll get more readers :p
  5. Just walked in but I would have been happy to do it.

Sorry dude hope it worked out ok.
  6. that's cool.. just a bit too eager to shoot it. always have next week :)

I took some pics of the Duke with a friend of mine (he doesn't have a bike license).

Here are a couple I liked:

7. Nice pics :)
  8. nice pics,
    will you photoshop the front tyre ?
  9. Great shots. Wish I wasn't working.
  10. unfortunately I don't use photoshop for that purpose... maybe redo it next week with clean tyres!
  11. Mint bike............ and nice pics. For a customer what would it cost to get some shots like that done of car or bike??
  12. what dslr u using? and what lense
  13. Very nice.

Wish I could have made it now.
  14. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'
    dam great pics

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
  15. My guess is that the lens is a long one maybe a 70-200 f2.8? Could be a medium format camera? Could also be tranies and not digital...!
  16. Definitely a nikon digital
    # Camera Make = NIKON CORPORATION
    # Camera Model = NIKON D3
    # Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/200 second = 0.005 second
    # Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 2/1 = F2
    # ISO Speed Ratings = 200
    # Original Date/Time = 2009:04:14 16:57:40
    # Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 7643856/1000000
    Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/200 second
    # Aperture Value (APEX) = 2/1
    Aperture = F2
    # Flash = Flash did not fire
    # Focal Length = 2000/10 mm = 200 mm

exif info is a wonderful thing.
    Pity he shoots with a nikon.

Nice contrasty pics
    what lighting did you use for those?
    Raw workflow or straight jpg?
  17. I used a D3 and 200 F2 lens for those pics.
  18. I'm really a wedding photographer and do this sort of work on the side (for fun). If it's friends, I don't really charge, but people I don't know, I'd usually quote about $150ish and they get all the photos.
  19. hah - i don't usually leave exif on, but it was still ticked from my last export... :)

The first shot is taken with two remote flashes, one at 1/2 strength from the front of the bike, and the other at 1/4 strength from the left of the bike. They were fired using pocketwizards.

The second photo has one flash @ 1/16 from the left.

I shoot RAW to correct whitebalance and exposure and edit the photos in lightroom.
  20. i was going to say u must have good lighting for a 1/200 shot, but u just answered it