Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone hear of a moto death this weekend past in Vic?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Guest, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Was talking to a girl from out of state that rides and she said she passed a motorcycle fatality over the weekend, she said she thought she was on Springvale road at the time and saw a wrecked bike and a body covered in a white sheet.
    I havent heard anything on the news so thought I'd post here to see if anyone heard anything.

2. No, but I did see a bike stacked on the Tullamarine Freeway outbound on Saturday. There must have been a multi-vehicle incident as there were about 6 vehicles and a truck stopped.

My partner is on her L's and seeing it didn't help her confidence on freeways.

3. Motorcyclist killed in crash
    April 09, 2006
    A MOTORCYCLIST has died in a collision with a car in Melbourne's east.

The man, aged in his 40s, was killed at the intersection of Springvale Road and O'Sullivan Street, Glen Waverley, about 2.30pm (AEST) today.
    A woman in her late 20s, who was in the car, was taken to Monash Medical Centre with a shoulder injury, a Metropolitan Ambulance spokesman said.

The death takes Victoria's road toll to 89, compared to 113 at the same time last year.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18761044-1243,00.html

:(

4. It was in the local paper today....A motorcyclist in his 40s was killed at the intersection of Springvale Rd & O'Sullivan St, Glen Waverley about 2.30pm on Sunday. A female in her late 20s was take to hospital with a shoulder injury.

:cry: :cry: