Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone have the scoop on Suzuki sv650 K7 colour?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by brendan03, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Hey guys - I'm sure I should post in the intro's thread first but I'm pressed for time on my lunch break today :)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had the scoop on what colour the Suzuki Gods were planning to bless us with in the coming months with the K7. Looks like the options are a darker (than current) blue, a red, a black and a grey according to the global suzuki site I came across during my random searching of the past few days: http://www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcycle/ (great site for latest model info by the way)

The nice chap at Mick Hones told me that the importer/dealer people will likely chose one colour for distribution in Aus. BOO! Give us at least two to choose from!

If any one knows I'd appreciate it. After test rides on the weekend I know the SV is the bike for me, but the current neon blue is just horrid! I'd really rather not have to get a brand new bike re-sprayed. :/

2. Sorry I don't have the definite answer for you, but I am under the impression (after talking to Suzuki guys at the Expo) that yes - they are going to persist with the one-option choice, and they are going to stick to blue. Which shits me on both counts.

As I tend to mention every now and then, 'you can have any colour you want as long as it's black' might've worked for Henry Ford but it is completely unacceptable today.

Also, I'm in the similar boat as you - I'd be a lot more inclined to pick SV650 as my next ride if I could have it in black. Or red. Or silver... in fact, any colour other than blue!

Maybe we should write to Suzuki Australia?

3. I know we're a niche market, but even a choice between three colours is a little weak. When my other half was buying her Hyundai she had a choice of 12 or so...

It's a pity they couldn't arrive unpacked (no fairings, fuel tank and ducktail) in Australia at Suzuki Australia to be assembled and painted upon arrival.

4. Oh, don't say that. Although the "new" blue is A HELL OF A LOT NICER than the current neon, it's still my least favourite colour. :(

I'm all for an open letter to Suzuki pleading for greater colour choice. You guys don't mind if I add the entire netrider members list as "supporting signatories" do you? great, thanks, bye!

:p

5. On the upside, if you do change the colour - you're in a position to have a very unique & cool looking bike to call your own ^_^

"Show us yer resale value!"

6. I assume that unless I find someone who just LOVES the re-colour I might get a the same (or more) resale value - but if I'm the only one who likes the colour, I've shot my resale value in the foot. Then there is the added head ache replacing parts. I'd prefer to be able to order replacement parts without having to also have those resprayed.

I'll just have to keep up the "more than one colour choice or at least not blue" mantra for now. :p