Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone have a gearsack rack on a GPX250?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by jd, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Picked up a gearsack rack off ebay (see pic. below) which is supposedly meant for a GPX 250, but despite having spent the last few hours working on it I still can't figure out how to get the f*&ker to fit ](*,) (would have been nice had it come with instructions).

Did figure out that the tabs at the top are meant to attach to the mounting points for the rear grab rail, however this leaves the other ends hanging in mid air, with no obvious mounting points nearby. Nearest thing I can find is the rear peg bracket mount, but I'd only be able to line it up with that by cutting away some of the bodywork and moving the indicators. That doesn't seem right to me though, and as far as I can tell the rear pegs/bodywork on a GPX have never changed so would seem unlikely it's designed to fit an earlier model.

If anyone has fitted one of these racks before and has any advice, or better yet has pics. of how/where it attaches, I'd be most grateful.

Attached Files:

2. Might be the wrong one for your bike,