Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone has AMCN Vol 62 No 16? (end of Feb to March 5)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by boars, Mar 8, 2013.

1. #1 boars, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    Have been told there's an article titled "Two stroke resurrection" to do with Yamaha.

Something about 2-strokes coming back to road?

Pretty sure it'll be complete horse excrement but hey, I live in hope.

Thanks for any info :)
  2. Got it, but haven't read it yet.
  3. Skim read the article briefly at the super market waiting for the Missus....

A bloke has custom built a stroker - yamaha are looking into his design......
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I've got it too, only read the first half or so 'cause it was mostly what if's and how cool is this guys custom bike *shrug*. Seemed to be largely speculation and wishful thinking instead of hard facts.
  5. Got any info on the custom bike? Maybe there's something online I can read about that? Cheers for your replies, much appreciated.
  6. Yea I have thanks
  7. The headline is just bullshit to make you buy the mag. There's no plans for new 2 strokes and that's pretty much what it says in the mag.

I've seen that yellow 500 in the flesh on old road. Very cool
  8. Thanks again. My google-searching failed me :)
  9. That's a pity. The tech exists to build some truly incredible strokers, with lower emissions, better economy AND more power output than four stroke engines but the public don't seem to want big stroker engines any more and groups like TAC would be all over them as "hooligan death machines" anyway.
  10. Is there a reason the exhausts have to be asymmetrical? Bugs me
  11. 2 stroke exhausts are a highly technical thing...length, diameter, angle and length of the cones, length and diameter of the tailpipe ( of which the muffler is a part ) are all critical...as much as 1/3 of the horsepower comes from the pipes.

Given its a v4 there are only so many ways you can route 4 seperate pipes.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Some people feel symmetrical = boring...Lucky for me I like both...

Kobo :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I just have a thing about symmetry I guess *shrug*