Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone had their Bike stolen?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Postie_Madass, Oct 1, 2009.

1. I stupidly left my second bike, a 1998 postie, overnight at Balmoral Beach on Sydney Harbour and somebody decided to tax it. Its quite vexing for me as its possibly the worst postie around with a lot of rust as i live close to the beach and has 44 000kms on it. Anyone know the recovery rates of stolen bikes and what on earth somebody would want a battered up postie as surely its not for parts? For use on a farm perhaps where it doesn't need to be registered?

Also does anyone know of good hardened steel chains as i don't want to now lose my MadAss too?

Thanks in advance.

2. Have you checked a few feet under the waves?

3. having gone to high school there i bet some "funny" and "inventive" group of teenagers decided to right it down awaba st or take it for a spin nearby. expect to see it near there but obviously not were you left it.

4. Luckily i got mine back, and the only damage was to the lock and the rear tyre! Yep, i'd dare say it would be close nearby, but still report it, you never know what might appear

5. +1 to it being a group of kids and not someone stealing for a profit. Put some posters up, it's probably dumped around somewhere.