Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone got an Apple watch?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mcsenna, May 14, 2016.

1. Just bought one on fleabay, wondered if anyone has had any experience with them. I bought it primarily because I often miss calls and messages at work because of factory noise.

2. I sometimes think it's not that bad not being contactable.

My solution was to keep the iPhone on vibrate and in breast pocket.
    Since I got a fitbit this has helped to alert when a call comes in so a watch should be one step better.
  3. I'd love to be uncontactable but it puts food on the table sadly.
    Breast pocket is a drop zone for me, I'm hoping the haptic tap will help.
  4. If it's purpose is primarily incoming call/message alert, then I reckon a FitBit, or similar, is a better idea. Or even a bluetooth earpiece.
  5. I thought a Fitbit was just a fitness tracker and I hate earpieces. Anyway I've bought the watch so we will see how it goes when it arrives next week.
  6. The latest fitbit also shows caller ID and vibrates
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I've had mine for about 6 months, it's been great. To get the best out of it, you need spend some time setting it up, it's important to customise it to your preferences.

It's good for messaging and call making. You might have trouble hearing calls when on the factory floor, the speaker isn't very powerful.

Biggest complaint is the range of the Bluetooth to phone connection, you loose connectivity outside of 1m from the phone. Would be better with a 10m range, and it needs wifi connectivity too
  8. Both my mother and father in law have them. They like them and it vibrates on message or call.
  9. I've got a bit of watch envy, I like to collect watches but hate wearing them. I wouldn't mind an iWatch but in reality I'd never use it.
  10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Haters gonna hate but I can say after 2 days with this thing it's brilliant. I wish I'd bought it sooner.
    That said it wont suit everyone but for me it works a treat and does everything I had hoped it would and more.
    After several years with Android phones I'm happy now that I made the switch back to Apple last year.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. You're making me get itchy fingers to get one McsennaMcsenna, which one did you get?
  13. NOOOOOOOOOOOO, move towards the light 69SIM69SIM - the light.

Don't let the darkside win!
  14. I'l already have multiple iDevices and iProducts... plus:-

15. Basic sport 42mm model, nothing fancy bought it on fleabay. There's a lot of stuff on there I wont use but it does exactly what I wanted it to and I might have a play around with some of the other apps when I get time.
    It's a luxury toy though, if you can afford luxury toys it's a good one, oh and it tells the time :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Can it facetime?
  17. Yum chocolate chip no less.
  18. Don't think so, not something I use, faceplant maybe.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. So my current iphone's name is Darkside. Have too many idevices as it is.

Made the mistake of getting an HTC 9 6 months ago. Good, capable but not an iPhone.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Agreed, been there done that.