Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone got a sergeant seat on their Ninja 1000?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Gord, Sep 7, 2013.

1. I'd love to have a sit on it before I take the plunge and purchase one. Riding Melbourne to Adelaide and back next weekend, and on the stock seat, I might just lose the use of my lower half. Any alternate seat to the ninja's, really! Cheers in advance guys

2. I've got one on my gsx1250,and wouldn't swap it for anything. Best thing I have plonked my bum on.
  3. Yes i have on my ninja 1000...

Other good option is the oem gel seat, although i havent sat on one myself...

Just to add, i strongly doubt you will be able to get a new one in time for your trip, mine took over a month to arrive.

Maybe grab an airhawk for this trip, it will probably help a bit..
  4. get your self a dildo seat then if you fall asleep you wont fall off
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Bloody hell, a month!? Can't rent it from you for the weekend pilgrim?
  6. You can borrow it for the weekend mate, then you will at least know if it works for you, pm me to sort out a day/time, i live in ringwood..
  7. Think you mean Sargent, (not 'sergeant') ?
  8. That's the one Titus.

Thanks a million pilgrim. I can swing around any day at 5 or later and do a swap. Whatever is best for you mate!
  9. Tuesday or wednesday nights would be ideal, i usually dont get home till about 6 though...
  10. That is by far the most disturbing thing I have ever heard hahahaha. :LOL:
  11. [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I've had Sargent seats on 2 of my bikes, they are very well built and both have been more comfortable than the stock seats by a lot once they've broken in.

They are pretty firm for the first 1000kms or so until the foam sort of molds to your butt shape though :)