Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone got a Custom PC3 Map for a '99-01 VFR800F

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by RedNinja, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Hi,

Just as the topic says.

I now have a Power Commander 3 for my VFR800F '01 and am on the hunt for any custom maps that may be out there to try.

I am not interested in the generic maps off the PC website, more interested in a local ones :)

Only mod I have is a Staintune pipe.

Anyone used a Power Commander on a VFR800F before? Are the results any good? I have the feeling I am really going to need a custom map made. Any thoughts?

Thanks all. RN
  2. Get a custom map done up for your bike. You aren't going to get the most out of the PC3 without one.
  3. Bluplet,

I tend to agree. I installed the PC3 last night and with the PC map for staintune exhaust. The mid range is heaps stronger, but I thought I could feel a flat/ pausing spot at 2.5 rev point. Not been for a real good run yet either, I think I'd notice how it behaves more then.

I had a custom map done on my old Hayabusa and the difference (from stock with Yoshi pipes) was just not possible to describe. It went like it was NASA built.

I am thinking it's half ass'ed to have paid for a PC3 and not get the dyno work done too.

Guess I'll be broke next fortnight too :LOL:

Thanks RN.