Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone get their bike serviced at Bikes Plus in Niddrie?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by P76, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Hi,

I have just discovered this great forum (I know, where have I been all my life?), and have already found out lots of great things about bikes to buy and where to (not) go for stuff.

Have got a question - I am the owner of a 2002 Kawasaki KLR 650, which I bought two years ago at Brighton Kawasaki with 20,000 kms on the clock, and now has 55,000. I have been taking it to Brighton Kwak for servicing, to maintain the warranty, and because they are basically a not bad place (despite losing one of my seat bolts and replacing it with a rusty piece of sh*t! grr!), although a little expensive.

However, given that I live in Moonee Ponds, Brighton is a bit of a stretch to go - hence my question. Bikes Plus is quite close to my place, seems to be mostly dirt-oriented, so should be able to work on the KLR no probs. Anyone have anything good/bad/indifferent to say about getting a service done there?
  2. Don't know how good their service dept is.

Have you considered Race Replica Kawasaki in Brooklyn?

They offer netrider members a 10% discount when you flash them your card too :)
  3. Bikes Plus are good blokes. The prices are fair and they do good work. If you shop there regularly they will always knock 5-10% off the price of gear.
  4. I've dealt with Bikes Plus service Dept. No complaints.
  5. There's also Raceway Suzuki in Niddrie.

I've had my rear disc and breaks as well as my rear tyre changed from them without any problems. They do charge approx. $20 more on servicing but they do a proper job. They test ride the bike after any service as well.

Probably best to give both Bikes Plus and Raceway a call to find out the cheapest quote.
  6. I'd happily pay a premium for good honest service. Don't be to hung up on the lowest price. Go with someone you are comfortable with and who has the "right" attitude.
  7. I've only taken my 250 Hornet to Sumoto and Bike's plus... so I'm not the most experienced person to comment.

Bruce and the guys at Bikes Plus are really good, at least I'm comfortable with them. They're prompt and are willing to talk to you... I once had a bad tank of fuel, the bike was choking at time like it's out of petrol... I bought the bike in, we had the engine running for about 20 mins and they said it all sounded good... Could be a bit of water in the tank... "bring it back if the same occurs after you fill up"... Sure enough, the problem was a dodgy tank of petrol.

I recommended another friend there and she came away happy also... give them a go...
  8. Thanks for the advice - I'll pop up there and give them a go. I have been to Race Replica, but Bikes Plus is on the tramline that takes me back home nice and easy after I've dropped the beast off.

And I will go to Raceway Suzuki, when my manager lets me buy a new V-Strom :grin: