Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone familiar with the Masterplan (extended) warranty?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by arvino, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,

Does any of you familiar with this warranty policy provided by Peter Stevens? I purchased a secondhand Kawi Versys early this year from
    them. The bike had 24000s klm on it before I bought it, but its fatory
    warranty will go on to April 2010. That's why when the salesperson tried
    to sell me their extended warranty/insurance product, I took it without
    thinking too much. However, I've been told recently that their service
    centers often done the routine maintenance carelessly, and the warranty
    that I bought basically restricted me to their service centers.

So, I asked Peter Stevens if I can cancel the warranty and get my money back since it has not even commenced yet. I was told later that there will be an "administrative fee" for about $120 dollars if I want a refund. I don't know where this came from because the warranty booklet has nothing written about this matter. Can anyone tell me if this is resonable? Do I have chance of getting my money back or I should just stick with the warranty?

Any advice/opinion will be great, thanks all!
  2. I know I can't asked for quick response

Ok, perhaps my problem is not a very interesting one I guess.

Anyway, can anyone tell me that am I really stock with Peter Steven's
    service center because of the extended warranty I'd purchased?
    In other word, is it legal to restrain me solely to their service center by
    the contract of the extended warranty? If I decided to take my bike to
    another qualified mechanic without their permission, can they void
    my warranty because fo that?

Any input to the matter will be deeply appreciated!
    Thank you!
  3. Add on extended warranty is designed to tie you to a dealership or that brand of dealership. The only extended warranty worth anything are the Honda extended warranty and Swann extended warranty. Nearly all the others have limits on them that say they will pay 20% for the repair to this compontent or 50% for the repair to that component which if your engine needs a $4000 rebuild to have the warranty admin tell you they will pay only 50% of the claim still leaves you with a big bill. Best bet is to read the small print.