Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

anyone care for some light reading???

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by shuppy puppy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Hi everyone,

I have just finished a fiction novel about freestyle motocross and I am working on looking for a publisher. While I do that, I thought it might be a good idea to try it out on a few "guinea pigs" from my target audience, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to have a look and tell me if it is any good or not!

I envisage that it would be for older teenagers/young adults (approx 17-23) and I warn that it does contain quite a bit of "colourful" language.

Thanks for your time, and sorry if I wasted it

2. Shoot me a PM i'll gladly read your book.

3. :evil:

Aargh, jomo, I can't! I'm too new!! It won't let me send a PM yet!

Give me a minute, I'll just put in my two cents to every other topic and tick everyone off, and then I can do it! :grin:

4. I'm up for it. Shoot me an email by clicking on the button below!

WGM

5. I've just emailed you both and it appears to have worked. Hope it gets thru on your end, I'm only half-adept at all this cyberspace stuff! :grin:

Thanks again for your time.

6. Yea I'll read it :) Need something to take my mind off exams... You can email me, or add me on msn via email addy below.

7. I'd be happy to read it, I'll send you a PM with my email address.

8. Thanks heaps for this, fellas! :grin:

9. When you are ready,
    lulu.com
    :wink:

10. I'm Managing Editor/Publishing Manager for a worldwide publishing company (not in your field though). We review MSS all the time. Happy to have a read and pass on any thoughts.

Email it to

mail at ricgroup.com.au (replace the "at" with @, of course)

and mark it "Attention Bruce"

11. I'll have a look-see...and if you want me to 'edit' it to an extent, let me know.

I'm not professional, but did it at TAFE, and have done so since for various companies :)

msn/email below :)

12. wow there's alot of interest. good luck with the book mate.

13. Thanks heaps, everyone! I'm really grateful for all your help and time on this!

14. yeah cool as long as the colourful language has no fcuking swearing I'll have a crack at it. :grin: :grin:

15. Hi Shuppy puppy, looks like you may have your 'few' guinea pigs, but if you dont mind a couple of extras, i'd like to have a read?

16. I'll jump in the queue as well, though feedback might take be a week or two until I'm done with most of my uni stuff.

17. I'd happily read it...give me a break from my own writers block.

I studied editing for a few years so, if you're thick skinned, I MIGHT be able to offer some helpful feedback...and I wont steal too many of your ideas...