Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anyone brought from Olivers Motorcycles?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Bernard17, Apr 3, 2016.

1. This may well belong in another forum but thought id try here. Please feel free to move it to where it belongs.

I am just wondering if anyone here has had experience buying and financing through olivers motorcycles moorooka? Looking at the used drz400 they have and on the phone they seem pretty good. Even called me back after i emailed an enquiry and then emailed me (couldnt answer the phone when they called). They seem up front and all but dont want to get caught out with any massive hidden extras (namely with the financing) when i go to buy it this week. Just like to hear other peoples experiences buying a bike through them.
  2. Brad there looked after me well when I bought my Triumph. I pop in and say hi every couple months and he's always glad to see me, remembers my name, and is generally up for a chat. The servicing department are good and given the bike a quick visual inspection a couple times when I've gone in and have tensioned the chain for free a couple times.

Damien in finance has been good to deal with when it came to setting up insurance. However, I paid cash so I don't know about their financing.

With that said, I've had indifferent experience with the accessories department upstairs since they changed the staff in that area a little while back.
  3. Yeah. Just seeing that thread about the extra grand and abit of fees that one guy copped when he went to get finance got me thinking. Dobt want to get the ball rolli g and find out i got alot more the cough up than i anticipated.

What would be the usual rundown of costs ontop of the bike itself to get it out the door?
  4. Have you thought about getting a secured loan for the amount from your bank?
    Gives you the upper hand with being able to knock the price way down with the old "I'll give you this much for it right now" trick ;)
  5. I havent found any secured ones that will let me pay it off quicker than 12 months (hate having to owe money longer than needed)