Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Anybody with big ears found a good helmet?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by beardedgnome, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Whilst I don't think my ears are overly large, the tops seem to get sore after a while riding. Has anyone found a good helmet that has plenty of space for ears whilst still being a snug enough fit??

2. My KBC VR-1 is pretty good around the ears ;)
  3. Noddy???
  4. I have a pretty big head but i think i have reasonably normal ears, currently have a Shark RSX which is great but would probably suggest checking out Shoei.

They have always been the biggest fitting helmets i have found.

5. ooooooooooooooooooooooooh - bad one Paul.
  6. When I was looking around before, found that the KBC Force has heaps of space for ears...
  7. HJC Sy-max has lots of room and removable foam sections for the ears as well.

But try them on until you find one that is comfortable, and just weenie bit little tight, as the do "settle" after braking in.
  8. How did I just know I was setting myself up on this one??? :)

thanks for the info so far.
  9. I have big ears and no hair (yeah its a great look) and i found the KBC most uncomfy, but found the arai (condor) to be SOoooooo comfy i forget i am even wearing it...heaps of good ear space.
  10. I don't have big ears but I do have flesh tunnels that catch when pull the helmet on and off, if there are no recesses for the ears then it is also very uncomfortable.

I wear a Matrix Barracuda, best fitting helmet that I have worn
  11. Another vote for the kbc VR-1. It has removable ear padding. With it out, my ears no longer fold over when I put the helmet on.